Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
back in again
tash

back in again

Evoque back in again, not sure when it will be back, to be honest dont want it back:

New gearbox
New alternator belt tensioner
Rear suspension bush lube
Roof lining out to find rattles
Replace bonnet alarm contact/adjust
Tighten centre console and dash due to creaking
Sort rattle on drivers door
Check passenger side rear wheel bearing

Patience has worn very thin now, never again!

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
22-04-2013 09:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: back in again

that's got to be one of the worst lists yet! I'd read about your gearbox issues on your other thread - bit extreme to have to replace it at 34k miles - did they say what had gone wrong? Sounds like you should get in touch with LR customer services and perhaps get a better dealer to rectify the issues?
23-04-2013 11:59am
tash

(23-04-2013 11:59am)WB Wrote:  that's got to be one of the worst lists yet! I'd read about your gearbox issues on your other thread - bit extreme to have to replace it at 34k miles - did they say what had gone wrong? Sounds like you should get in touch with LR customer services and perhaps get a better dealer to rectify the issues?

Dealer has had LR involved and after many simple fixes they have decided its the gearbox.

LR want to check if its component, design or assembly so are paying particular attention to the car thus it's taking a long time to resolve the issue each time it goes in.

The cars a lease vehicle and they are talking to LR to end the lease early with no termination fee due to the issues, the lease company feel LR may want the car back to undertake assessment on issues/assembly. Car has nearly 40k miles on now and as the miles have past the car has started to show increasing signs of problems with either component failure or assembly problems, whole car feels as if an extra half a turn on every screw would help the perceived quality.

This is may 4th LR/RR 5th JLR if include the Jaguar XF, unfortunately I would never consider another, holding JLR in the same contempt as Peugeot, a manufacturer I would never have another product from.

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2013 07:26pm by tash.)
23-04-2013 07:25pm
Straydox

My Evoque was also a lease car and terminated with a returm to LR...at the time I was going to re-order a replacement (a condition of the LR buyback). A combination of a significant increase in list price and softening residuals (they were sky high in Dec '11) made having the same again unaffordable. The daft leasing company forced me out of the scheme so I could fund an interim car and I decided not to make the same mistake twice.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
23-04-2013 10:31pm
tash

(23-04-2013 10:31pm)Straydox Wrote:  My Evoque was also a lease car and terminated with a returm to LR...at the time I was going to re-order a replacement (a condition of the LR buyback). A combination of a significant increase in list price and softening residuals (they were sky high in Dec '11) made having the same again unaffordable. The daft leasing company forced me out of the scheme so I could fund an interim car and I decided not to make the same mistake twice.

Yes it's going back but have to take a JLR product so going Jaguar XF 2.2d 200bhp sport, only other option is another evoque, which although I am certain a newer model will prove fine, I am feeling a little bruised over the experience at the moment so would not wish to take the risk.

On my list if wasn't JLR is alsorts of vehicle with really nice 3/5 series, many audi's and merc's with 3.0 diesel auto's some of which have very low co2 emissions, could also have the new is300h fsport which is half the cost in tax of the evoque

25-04-2013 07:59pm
Evo-king

My car before the Evoque was a 320d v6 Merc, great car and a great dealer, trouble was it was RWD.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
25-04-2013 09:36pm
Wicksy

(25-04-2013 07:59pm)tash Wrote:  Yes it's going back but have to take a JLR product so going Jaguar XF 2.2d 200bhp sport, only other option is another evoque, which although I am certain a newer model will prove fine, I am feeling a little bruised over the experience at the moment so would not wish to take the risk.

On my list if wasn't JLR is alsorts of vehicle with really nice 3/5 series, many audi's and merc's with 3.0 diesel auto's some of which have very low co2 emissions, could also have the new is300h fsport which is half the cost in tax of the evoque
I too have thought about your alternative choices but one thing keeps playing on my mind . . . snow . . . the XF and no doubt the Lexus will be undriveable if we get only a moderate covering of the white stuff.
25-04-2013 10:51pm
PhilSkill

The way tash is going chances are his Evoque would be in the repair shop when it snows anyway!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-04-2013 10:57pm
caroline11000

Oh Tash what a list! I can see why you are totally fed up with it, hope you get a replacement sorted soon.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
26-04-2013 10:36am
Straydox

(25-04-2013 07:59pm)tash Wrote:  Yes it's going back but have to take a JLR product so going Jaguar XF 2.2d 200bhp sport, only other option is another evoque, which although I am certain a newer model will prove fine, I am feeling a little bruised over the experience at the moment so would not wish to take the risk.

Well that's a result - how long have you got to wait for the Jag?

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
26-04-2013 12:25pm