Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
auto-dimming mirror
jojosr

RE: auto-dimming mirror

Is it automatic, or must I activate it? I have ordered them but do not see any changes - on my old car Chevy Captiva it was more visible...

Ordered: 2.3.2012:
RRE Prestige SD4 AT, Barolo Black, Spirit/Macassar/Ivory/Espresso Oxford Leather Interiour, Black Pano roof, Privacy Glass, AUX Heating, Heated seats and Wheel, Tech pack.
Delivered: 19.9.2012
[Image: 151832.png]
29-09-2012 04:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You don't do anything, it is fully automatic, it just turns white lights a sort of green shade if they are very bright

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-09-2012 04:53pm
John

Thank you for your answer.
It's exactly the information I was waiting for.

(29-09-2012 11:29am)RREvvok Wrote:  Hi John,

I had the same problem. The dealer forgot to put the auto dimming function in my interior mirrors. They retro fitted it a few months after delivery. I tested it out the other day and I must say that the feature is barely noticeable. Compared to my Beemer and Merc, the auto dimming function is almost useless. I tried it with a very bright flash light as I was not convinced that the dealer actually "turned" it on but it does work. I does work, but it is more an anti glare (albeit a very weak one too) than an auto dimmer. RR were nice enough and didn't charge me for their mistake. I hope that answers your question.

M Very Happy

eD4 Prestige - Fuji White - Ambiance
30-09-2012 11:58am
jettie1767

I wish the outside rearview mirrors were also auto-dimming Sad

'12 BMW M6 Convertible - San Marino Blue
'12 RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic - Santorini Black
'13 BMW X3 SAV - Space Gray
04-10-2012 07:16pm
XFullFatTim

Yes Jettie I concur, pointless to have a dipping RVM only to be dazzled by the reflection from the door mirrors! Bigger Range Rovers have them as standard on some models and optional on lesser spec, so why not Evoque?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-10-2012 07:21pm
John

So finaly my Dealer installed the auto dimming mirror last week on my car !

I am very pleased with the new installed mirror and I can see one more diffference aside the autodimming fonction,
the new one is clearer, in daylight also there is more light reflected from the mirror.

eD4 Prestige - Fuji White - Ambiance
29-10-2012 11:38am
Polly Joke

I finalised the order for my Evoque a couple of weeks ago - and then decided that I should have specced the auto-dimming rear view mirror. I have had it on my C-Max for the last 9 years (standard) and wasn't until I put my fingers over the sensors that I realised how dazzling car lights behind are. I asked my dealer if this could be added to my order which is not due to be delivered for another couple of months - and he said it was not possible.

Can anyone confirm whether an order cannot be added to - the car is not built yet.
Also can anyone confirm how much it would cost to have the auto-dimming rear view mirror added after I get the car.

Ordered: Pure, SD4, manual, Santorini black, black interior (but just seen almond so think I will change), 20" style 6, fog lights, auto headlights, auto wipers, spare wheel
24-12-2012 09:37am
XFullFatTim

Talk to your dealer as it should be possible to change the order right unto the day they advise you of the build date, then nothing can be changed without falling down the queue. I suspect that your dealer may be selling you a cancelled order if the lead in time is only two months............... Plenty of people here have changed the spec many times right upto the day the day the dealer has to fix the spec. If your car is a factory order for you then I would expect a longer lead in time. The dealer can retro-fit the ADRVM anyway but it will cost you more than if you factory order it unless you can twist his arm and get a deal.

(This post was last modified: 29-12-2012 05:41am by XFullFatTim.)
29-12-2012 05:41am
Polly Joke

I actually ordered the car 6 months ago but it was only a few weeks ago that the dealer had to give LR the final spec. I wanted to change my order after the finalisation of the spec. Fortunately, as it was the Christmas period, LR hadn't actually put the final wheels in motion and so my dealer was able to add the auto-dimming RVM. Happy again!

Ordered: Pure, SD4, manual, Santorini black, black interior (but just seen almond so think I will change), 20" style 6, fog lights, auto headlights, auto wipers, spare wheel
05-01-2013 04:03pm
Nantmoel

How much does an auto dimming mirror cost?

Arrived March 4th 2013: 2.2 SD4 Dynamic 5dr Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast Roof with full Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" Shadow Alloy Wheels, Heated Steering Wheel, Powered Tail Gate, Park Assist and TV.
10-02-2013 10:08pm