Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
a week in..
Belvoirbloke

a week in..

Can’t keep out of the car. The Prestige interior makes me feel really rich, (LOL) especially now I’m really broque !
The car feels incredibly strong, the wheel/road feel. Still not happy about jiggly ride on some surfaces but overall it is very smooth, aided by the high quality surroundings.
The Dark Cherry really works, brings a bit of subtle colour, the silver edged carpets giving a great lift in contrast.
One major plus for me, no more backache ! After many cars leaving me with such (Freelander 4 X C class), this is like therapy.

Finding in the hot weather, either roof closed or aircon on .. no 2 ways. Wish it opened a bit.

MPG gets progressively better now at 37.1, but I do easy driving, no traffic, however still way off the manufacturers claim.
How slick the gear selector is.

Lastly, amazing turning circle, like a London cab almost.
One downside, I’m really unsure of the width in tight spots, the Freelander was so high and dead square box, you were in no doubt.
Over all I’m loving it.

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
25-05-2012 10:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vc

RE: a week in..

(25-05-2012 10:03am)Belvoirbloke Wrote:  Can’t keep out of the car. The Prestige interior makes me feel really rich, (LOL) especially now I’m really broque !
The car feels incredibly strong, the wheel/road feel. Still not happy about jiggly ride on some surfaces but overall it is very smooth, aided by the high quality surroundings.
The Dark Cherry really works, brings a bit of subtle colour, the silver edged carpets giving a great lift in contrast.
One major plus for me, no more backache ! After many cars leaving me with such (Freelander 4 X C class), this is like therapy.

Finding in the hot weather, either roof closed or aircon on .. no 2 ways. Wish it opened a bit.

MPG gets progressively better now at 37.1, but I do easy driving, no traffic, however still way off the manufacturers claim.
How slick the gear selector is.

Lastly, amazing turning circle, like a London cab almost.
One downside, I’m really unsure of the width in tight spots, the Freelander was so high and dead square box, you were in no doubt.
Over all I’m loving it.

Sounds like you're having lots of fun, congrats Very Happy

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
25-05-2012 11:19am
SebM

Congrats !

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
29-05-2012 06:15am
Straydox

Congrats - I'm equally happy. I find it easier to judge the width of than I ever did in an A5 Cabrio - probably because I'm sat higher up..

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
29-05-2012 12:11pm
QUEEVO

a week in..

Brillian!

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
29-05-2012 01:03pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Although I am used to driving FFRR/RRS and Defenders I also found setting the drivers seat a little higher than I might have done in other cars helps with the view over the bonnet and wing mirrors, but it is hard getting used to the view out after driving tall greenhouses for years. I'm 5' 7", so a bit of a short a**e

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2012 01:41pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-05-2012 01:39pm