Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
You don't see this over the bonnet of an Evoque!
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: You don't see this over the bonnet of an Evoque!

(11-01-2013 10:51am)WB Wrote:  Incredible Tim! Where was that?

Off the southern coast of Sri Lanka, what took me forward was that also had blue whales swimming along
With the ship and it was them I REALLY wanted to get photos of. The little run we do is on like a stretch of the whale's version of the M1, we see pods of them daily, it's a long time since I have seen so many as we have this trip. I got dolphins instead of whales, we do have a problem with running over sleeping whales unfortunately, not so far on this ship but I have had to slow down and stop previously to dislodge an unfortunately deceased whale wrapped around the bulbous bow. They don't half have a noticable effect on the load on even a 120,000hp engine once you get one hooked on, not god for whale and not good for our fuel economy!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-01-2013 01:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Americano

Very nice.....I have seen something like this in the Azores Islands.......never seen so many like there!!
Amazing!
Cool

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Fuji White ~ Cirrus Leather ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Xenons with LED Signature~ Reversing Camera ~ Electric Heated Powerfold Mirrors ~ Auto-Dimming Mirror ~ Front Fog Lights ~ 19" Style 5 Wheels M+S Tyres
11-01-2013 02:07pm
jitenc

(11-01-2013 01:31pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Off the southern coast of Sri Lanka, what took me forward was that also had blue whales swimming along
With the ship and it was them I REALLY wanted to get photos of. The little run we do is on like a stretch of the whale's version of the M1, we see pods of them daily, it's a long time since I have seen so many as we have this trip. I got dolphins instead of whales, we do have a problem with running over sleeping whales unfortunately, not so far on this ship but I have had to slow down and stop previously to dislodge an unfortunately deceased whale wrapped around the bulbous bow. They don't half have a noticable effect on the load on even a 120,000hp engine once you get one hooked on, not god for whale and not good for our fuel economy!

Amazing pics Tim.... how fast are you cruising compared to the speed of the dolphins swimming, and surely you would feel a thud if you hit a sleeping whale?Confused

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
11-01-2013 05:02pm
slee18

its that a good luck sign Tim as a ships captain?

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
11-01-2013 06:00pm
PhilSkill

Great Pics Tim!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-01-2013 11:34pm
benzina

Incredible pics Tim....thanks for sharing.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
12-01-2013 12:46am
XFullFatTim

Quote:its that a good luck sign Tim as a ships captain?

Used to be but now you don't see so much sea life like this so it's really just rather special

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 05:05am by XFullFatTim.)
12-01-2013 05:05am
Evo-king

Great photos Tim.

Unless I'm very mistaken, they look really close to the bow.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
12-01-2013 07:59pm
mark_n

Great pictures, Tim. Just make sure you don't run aground while taking the next set...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
13-01-2013 09:18am
XFullFatTim

Evo they are only centimetres from our bulbous bow, it is thought that they can sense the pressure wave and ride in that. Saw another lot this morning chasing flying fish!

JitenC, speed was about 13knots/ 18mph

Next week the ship has it's five yearly drydock and touch up, I did this last January in Dubai if folks remember, if you are interested I'll start a photobucket album and post photos of a smaller ship in Colombo drydocks

(This post was last modified: 13-01-2013 09:32am by XFullFatTim.)
13-01-2013 09:28am