Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yellow/rusty spots on the body
AAA86

Yellow/rusty spots on the body

Hey everyone,

I was cleaning my car the other day and noticed some small orangish spots on the body close to the lower trim on the door. I freaked out at the beginning because I thought that [Image: y5y2abav.jpg][Image: heba5epu.jpg][Image: u2y2e7eh.jpg]was rust spots, however i tried cleaning one of the spots and it was gone, but it was very hard to get rid of them! Any idea what they are and how to get rid of them in the right way
21-05-2014 01:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mstraka

RE: Yellow/rusty spots on the body

First try cleaning with a cleaner wax to buff them out. If that doesn't work try a gentle polishing paste followed with the cleaner wax. If still stubborn to remove, try a rubbing compound followed by the above two products.
21-05-2014 03:59am
eddkawasaki

I would try a non coantact method first like tardis or auto finesse Iron out. it could just be that they are some small particles of metal that have got onto your paint and have started to rust. if theres no success with that then try detailing clay. once you have used any of the above though you will need to replenish your protection coat with a wax or a sealant of your choice.

Be careful rubbing too much in one spot over them, if it is a piece of metal and it comes off and gets trapped between your paint and whatever you are rubbing it with it becomes sandpaper!

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
21-05-2014 06:23am
speary

These are iron particles, mostly from the brake discs and other vehicles. Claying or polishing will not remove these. I used IronX. It is incredible. Turns the car a worrying purple but removes all the embedded contaminants. After IronX then use a clay bar and then apply a good sealer or wax. Gtechniq are very good ans sooooo easy to apply
Also I used IronX on my wheels. What a difference to the usual wheel cleaners, it's much better at getting the really stubborn stuff off

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
21-05-2014 08:21am
PhilSkill

Yep Iron-x (or other products for iron spot removal) is the way to treat these, you see them on lighter colours more than other colours.

Checkout the last picture on this post of mine
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Fuji-D...8#pid90178

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 09:36am by PhilSkill.)
21-05-2014 09:34am
Red FR

Another vote for Iron X from me too, agree if claying use this first then rinse etc and then clay following the appropriate instructions, less chance of scratching that way.

Gone but not forgotten Fuji White Coupe Pure Tech SD4 manual, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, fog lamps and spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 11:44am by Red FR.)
21-05-2014 11:43am
mighTTy-RRE

These sort of spots are very common if you are parked near a railway line (where a train is braking into a station or a junction - we had this problem where my wife used to work), but can also be from building sites (cutting girders with a disc), motorways when cutting/repairing the central reservation or scrap yards using oxyacetylene cutting etc etc. Think anything where you see metallic sparks flying
21-05-2014 05:25pm
JKEvoqueSI4

Had similar on my old vehicle which was white, used iron x, it went purple and the metal deposits just ran down the car, then a good clean and good polish and it was like they were never there, another thumbs up for iron x here.

Dynamic Si4 Auto 5dr, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Power Tailgate.
21-05-2014 06:44pm