Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
Xenon delays
Gthornton

RE: Xenon delays

I was asked if i wanted to wait and collect mine in Jan (due 8th Dec at the moment).

I refused as i'm not a patient person!

Arrived: 4WD SD4 Auto, Prestige, LUX Buckingham Blue w/everything apart from rear screens.
Current/ For Sale: C63 AMG Estate.
Gone: RRS TDV8, F360, Boxster S x3, F328GTS, Caterham etc...
04-10-2011 10:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JiiPee

Checked today with my dealer in Finland. No delay for my pure with xenons. Delivery will be in the first week of Dec. He also said that most of the orders to Finland are with xenons and there's no delays in any of them!?!

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
04-10-2011 08:07pm
hybris

Swedish dealer called me today. All their orders that are managed through Denmark have been pushed 1-2 months! Xenon light issues he said. So Im now december or Januari build. I will cancel my order as I don't accept these kind of games! Cannot commit to a date? Im out of here! BMW sorry for thinking of someone else! Still love you! Wink
BTW he also said that the delays affects everyone as it do affect all production even though the line is never standing still there are still a huge logistic issue with all the missing Xenon... My slot was one of the dealers November slots that they had for a long time. Its a dynamic not a pure so don't matter it seems...

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2011 08:28pm by hybris.)
04-10-2011 08:25pm
EVO PUNDITT

Just got back from the dealers and they told me that my build is 2nd Nov
delayed by 2weeks, he showed me a list and it had my build date on there
with others, that where build is finished but they were waiting on lights before they could be released. When I questioned him about my xenon he told me that the xenon had been withdrawn from the pure and will not be available, I told him that I don't want the car if the xenons have been removed. His reply was the car will be built regardless and delivery will be 22nd Nov and if the car doesn't have xenon then I can refuse the car.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
06-10-2011 05:57pm
xxxx5

is yours a pure? When did you place your order?

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
06-10-2011 06:04pm
EVO PUNDITT

[quote='xxxx5' pid='16165' dateline='1317920654']
is yours a pure? When did you place your order?
[/quote

Pure, deposit paid March,Specced July

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
06-10-2011 06:07pm
caroline11000

(06-10-2011 05:57pm)EVO PUNDITT Wrote:  Just got back from the dealers and they told me that my build is 2nd Nov
delayed by 2weeks, he showed me a list and it had my build date on there
with others, that where build is finished but they were waiting on lights before they could be released. When I questioned him about my xenon he told me that the xenon had been withdrawn from the pure and will not be available, I told him that I don't want the car if the xenons have been removed. His reply was the car will be built regardless and delivery will be 22nd Nov and if the car doesn't have xenon then I can refuse the car.
OMG what a way to treat customers! I will be fuming if I am told the same. The xenons are important to me as I think they are part of the 'signature' of the car. God I hope mine gets them. My dealer has gone quiet over the last week, I am dreading the phone call now........... delay doesn't bother me but xenons taken off my order certainly does!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
06-10-2011 06:09pm
mark_n

I think the best two words to describe this situation are "Total" and "Shambles".

Makes all the hype in the run up to the launch seem so much empty nonsense, doesn't it?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-10-2011 06:19pm
xxxx5

EVO PUNDITT - we have the same deposit and spec dates. My dealer has always assured me that my Xenons would remain on my order, but I have the feeling from your unfortunate news that this might now not be the case. If it is then LR can stick there car, I will have my £2k deposit back and I will be off to BMW again to be treated like a proper paying customer. Does nobody from LR read this forum and realise the totally chaos this is causing, and the complete lack of decency to customers? This is a complete joke.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
06-10-2011 06:22pm
DDX

Xenon delays

Caroline, my dynamic from the same dealer as uou is delayed but I had to call them to find out. Might be worth giving them a ring. Ask them to check your order on the vista system.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
06-10-2011 06:27pm