Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wrong headliner......
paulmaddocks

Wrong headliner......

Hi all,

Bit of advice from the experienced members here.

We ordered a new Evoque Dynamic Lux around April and got a call yesterday that its arrived - wohoo....... except we got a call a bit later from a very apologetic dealer advising us that there is a build issue and the headliner is the wrong colour. We requested Ebony but it has come with the default option.

Checked out paperwork and we had it down as Ebony, so not clear where the error has crept into the system, but that's where we are.

Not going to name and shame as so far the dealer has done the decent thing in telling us early and is going to look into what we could do so they have the opportunity to turn this around from a customer experience perspective. As far as I understood it though, we only had 2 real options (or variants of...)

Option 1 - take the car 'as-is' but come to a compromise agreement on price or something. The headliner itself was a no cost option to change on the lux, but it was the first thing we wanted to change (current Evoque also had black headliner) and we think it will look a bit silly red, black pano roof, black seats and then cirrus headliner. We are going to see the car tomorrow evening though and so will try to reserve judgement until we can actually see the problem first hand.

Option 2 - reject the car but have to go back to the beginning of the process and advised we may need to wait until march for the replacement.

The existing Evoque was going to be a part-ex and we fixed the part-ex price at the time of order for now. I am concerned that with the new model out, our 13 plate is going to depreciate faster now (which was part of the point in ordering so early for a MY16 car).

Anyone had a similar, if slightly unfortunate experience? What is the general feeling of what is reasonable to expect here.

Thanks,
06-10-2015 02:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
walterwindbag

RE: Wrong headliner......

What about option 3? Ask them to fit the correct headliner.
Walt

On order for Nov: SE Tech Coupe, 180bhp, 9 speed auto, pano roof, privacy glass, spare wheel, Auto High Beam, Rear camera, 5 year service pack, Active Driveline, Aintree Green, Almond/Espresso.
06-10-2015 03:36pm
paulmaddocks

So from what I understand that's quite an involved process and not really practical to be done after the build. Also if its that difficult, I don't really want my 'new' car pulled apart to change it and then put back together again at the dealership rather than the factory.
06-10-2015 03:43pm
PhilSkill

New Headliner is a massive job, involving Windscreen and a lot of interior out, I had my Headlining dropped due to a rattle in the roof area and lost the car for 10 days.

If you can live with the fitted colour headliner, then come to an agreement on extra's or price, or make an agreement to take the car and order a new one to be swapped out when the new one is ready, hopefully with no cost to you!

If you can't live with it then you best reject it.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-10-2015 05:06pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Regardless of what the dealership tells you this IS their fault, their staff did not check their inputs into the VISTA system and then didn't check everything before the changes cutoff date. At original ordering TWO of their staff should have checked, the factory only builds what the dealer orders as the process is fully automated at the factory end. I agree that the supplied headliner will look weird so you have three options:
a) Reject the car outright as not what was ordered and re-order BUT ask to have the use of what was supplied in the time it takes to build the correct order. Dealers are often quite happy to do this to get out of a sticky problem, however you need to ensure that you have the price held at the same price as the car you should have received this week.
b) Take the car with a negotiated price reduction (bear in mind that the odd headliner colour might devalue the car when it comes time to change though)
c)Reject the car outright and ask for your deposit back, go and buy an Audi Q or BMW with the X pack which you can get with only the time taken to register it at the moment...........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 06:53pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-10-2015 06:50pm
Evoqueen

I had a similar experience on my order last year. There was an offer made of additional annual services as well as take vehicle as-is, or reorder. I am waiting now for my reorder. I agree, you should set eyes on the combination before you make your final decision. I winced every time I looked at the ivory headliner next to the cirrus everything else.

2016 Evoque HSE Dynamic, Santorini Black with Cirrus Grey interior, coated in Ceramic Pro 9H Very Happy
06-10-2015 11:43pm
paulmaddocks

Update.....

So went to see the car yesterday which was very bitter sweet as the overall car looked fantastic, but one look inside it was clear that it didn't fit together to our taste and the other half instantly said 'don't like it'. So taking this car, even at a discount is a non-option.

The dealer was very apologetic and fessed up to it being their mistake alone. So far full marks for honesty and accepting the responsibility.

It did not seem like they really had a plan B discussed and unfortunately, as we were so late the Sales
Manager was not available. Need to wait for Friday now for dealer and manager to discuss.

We already have free servicing for 5 years as part of our original deal but I am sure some sort of suitable compensation can be worked out.

I proposed taking that one while we waited for the new one and I would think this must be the preferred option overall, as they have a car they need to do something with, we need to part ex ours to get the value out of it etc so taking this one until the new one is built and arrives feels like the most sensible way forward. Obviously the price we pay will be fixed at the price we ordered, no brainer on that one.

There does seems to be genuine willingness to sort this out on their part, and unfortunately I don't think a full switch to anything else (other than an RRS) is on the cards as existing Evoque owners and we really want to part ex our '13 evoque as planned as with the new one out, its going to de-value faster which was part of our planning with the switch.

Thanks for the advice, good to get some feedback as to some reasonable routes forward.
08-10-2015 08:30am
walterwindbag

All the best for a good result. I guess their lack of Plan B means they were hoping to buy you off for £500 or whatever!
walt

On order for Nov: SE Tech Coupe, 180bhp, 9 speed auto, pano roof, privacy glass, spare wheel, Auto High Beam, Rear camera, 5 year service pack, Active Driveline, Aintree Green, Almond/Espresso.
08-10-2015 11:23am
Dynamiclux

Hi sorry to bother you, just wondered what the outcome was with your car because the exact same thing has happened to me on my new dynamic lux and I'm debating what to do. Many thanks if you can respond.
19-12-2015 03:29am
paulmaddocks

(19-12-2015 03:29am)Dynamiclux Wrote:  Hi sorry to bother you, just wondered what the outcome was with your car because the exact same thing has happened to me on my new dynamic lux and I'm debating what to do. Many thanks if you can respond.

Hi

Dealer was very helpful, if not saved by a bit of luck on their side with a customer cancellation. Essentially there were able to modify a cancelled car already in the queue so we only (only...) had to wait 3 months instead of the standard 6. As I had ordered roof rails and cross bars they gave these to me for free as a good will gesture so it all worked out fair in the end.

They held the trade in price offered on our car and were willing to take it in early if we needed to help with a finance issue and give us a loan car, so overall they were willing to be very flexible to make the wait as easy as possible.

If it had needed to be 6 months, I think it would have been a harder conversation though...

Its def worth getting it in exactly the colour you ordered, we much prefer the black.

Hope it all works out for you too
20-12-2015 05:21am