Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Worker
EVO PUNDITT

RE: Worker

Hi Limey
Nice to have you on board, stay in touch and please keep us updated from the inside ,specially regarding delays and part shortages. We have had a few come on this forum and then not heard from them due to attitude of some. Regular updates could stop alot of speculation and rumours.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
17-11-2011 09:44am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

(17-11-2011 08:37am)chiggy Wrote:  So they aren't built in batches according to regions? or does the factory have an allocation of the number of cars built per day etc according to the different regions?

See my post here Forum post

A modern automotive production line will be capable of building multiple derivatives at the same time on the same track - given the myriad of of options and combinations there really wouldn't be any other way of doing it.
17-11-2011 10:06am
LDT

Hi Worker

Good of you to post. You may feel overwhelmed by the number of questions, but please do not let this put you off! We are in the main a friendly bunch!

L.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
17-11-2011 06:48pm
The Valeter

(17-11-2011 06:11am)Limey Wrote:  Just to let you all know, as a worker at Halewood, we are doing everything we can to get your cars to you as soon as possible.
We are working lots of overtime including sats and suns, but we want the cars in perfect condition as you might expect, so please bear with us.

Obviously there will be teething problems with a new model build, but these are virtually all sorted. Production numbers are breaking records every week now and should be on full build capability very soon.

Hope you enjoy your new vehicles and would love to hear some feedback when people have had a delivery and a chance to drive them.

These are truly beautiful cars, I never get tired of seeing them. A seriously classy car, amazing styling and amazing quality, worth every penny if you ask me.

I would hazard a guess & say that a post with this much enthusiasm for a product that you work on is from someone a little higher than just a shop floor worker.

I agree the product is stunning & I am hooked on it & if the OP is a general shop floor worker then that is fantastic especially if his/her work colleages are of the same oppinion as that should reflect in even better quality of build!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 17-11-2011 07:26pm by The Valeter.)
17-11-2011 07:25pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DaveR

To be fair I have been driving a Jaguar x type estate for 4 years now, topping 130000 miles. If I am right it was built in the same factory and I can't fault it or the build quality.

So despite various general remarks about LR build quality I am quite comfortable about the workmanship from Halewood.
(This post was last modified: 18-11-2011 01:23am by DaveR.)
18-11-2011 01:22am
Iain S

Hi Limey,

I'd like to say thanks for taking the time to come on here and post. The Evoque is the first British made car I've wanted to own since I bought another of Gerry McGovern's creations, the MGF, back in 1996. Both of the cars I've taken delivery off are extremely well built and a credit to you and your colleagues at Halewood.

A friend of mine collected his new Dynamic coupe last night which arrived on the date he was originally advised as promised so cars are coming through. He must have phoned me four times now to say how pleased he is with it and that he's delighted he decided to trade his 12 month old 520d BMW in against it.

On the basis of this small sample the car is doing exactly what it was designed to and bringing in new customers to the brand which is good news for the factory.

Arrived: Dynamic Si4 Coupe Firenze Red/Narvik Black
Arrived: Dynamic Plus Sd4 5 Door Fuji White
18-11-2011 04:00pm