Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wooooooo hooooooooo!
alibeau

Wooooooo hooooooooo!

After months of waiting I finally got to test drive the Evoque today. After everything I have thought and read about colours, I did indeed have my 'eureka' moment and it was for the last colour I thought I would order - black! (Sorry Tim!)

Drove the diesel auto first followed by the petrol auto (knew I shouldn't!) and again have surprised myself as I have ordered a petrol model! I found the diesel ok but it didn't feel quite as 'nippy' as my current X5 and so when I tried the petrol I was blown away.......

So absolutely great day all round, at the dealer for over four hours as DH has put a deposit down on a RRS autobiography which is due in later in the month....... When he first drove the Evoque he started saying he wanted one too but I soon put him off as I didn't want him to steal my glory!!!!!!!

So my order is:

Black Dynamic Si4 petrol auto 5 door
Ebony seats
Ebony headlining
Silver trim on dash
RSE!
Lux pack
Heated steering wheel
Privacy glass
Style 8 20" alloys

Delivery Jan/Feb but am not holding my breath tbh and will try not to be too disappointed if it's later.......

Super excited, what a lovely thing to look forward to and I have to tell you that I gave the salesmen a right laugh because having been visiting this forum for a while I knew more than them on most of the things we talked about! He even asked my if I was a mystery shopper Laughing

So thank you for all our advice over the past few months, I am one happy bunny Very Happy

Ali Very Happy
10-09-2011 08:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

RE: Wooooooo hooooooooo!

that seems a quick delivery time...cool

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
10-09-2011 09:48pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well being in Chester they only have to swim over the river to halewood to get them out of the compound!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-09-2011 09:51pm
defender_uk

haha I suppose so....so they get to test the water wading depth for us all at least the n!
lol

Defender_uk

10-09-2011 09:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alibeau

I'm not sure at what point the dates will be confirmed but I will try not to be too disappointed if it is pushed back as it did seem rather quick to me.... I suppose the plus point is that if it is delayed it will be the new reg plate in March...... I have a 'big' birthday coming up in May so I have always had in my mind that if I could have it by then I would be happy Smile

Ordered it from the Conwy dealer as although we are closer to Chester DH hasn't had great service etc from there with his current RRS.....

Ali.
10-09-2011 09:58pm
tetstb

I drove one today at Stratstone in Cupar, it was an SD4 Auto Prestige . I started off by having a seat in a Pure and a Dynamic that were not available for test drives and I felt a little underwhelmed if i'm honest, neither felt as solid as the Merc we arrived in (11MY E-Class) or my outgoing A6. Sure the cabin is a nice place to be but it just didn't feel as premium as I thought it would.

After a while Trevor came back and we had a demo of the 825w sound system with some of his music and some of mine, Tron Legacy soundtrack by Daft Punk and boy is that worth the money. He then demo'ed the movie playback and surround sound with Avatar and that was simply amazing.

My faith was fully restored when we took it for a spin, although it wasn't the Dynamic, it was still an engaging and fun car to drive, the back-roads around Cupar are fairly twisty and I gave it some welly and it responded. Very responsive engine for its size and the brakes are thankfully up to the task, the steering offers just the perfect weight to not have to strain in the bends and by the end of my drive I was grinning from ear to ear.

Looking forward to my Orkney Grey Dynamic coming in early December !

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
10-09-2011 09:58pm
defender_uk

well Conwy have always had a good reputation in the past. So the Evoque will actually get to swim the sea then from Halewood.....lol

Defender_uk

10-09-2011 10:00pm