Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Wobble on colour choice
Griff449

Wobble on colour choice

Ive ordered a Pure TD4 in Baltic Blue but beginning to wonder if I should change to the white. The Baltic Blue seems to be a rare thing on here and does make me wonder.

My biggest concern is making sure that I can hide a lot of scratches or marks as best I can. I know some hide better than others. Just some thoughts would be great Very Happy

The colour choice is to be either stick with the Baltic Blue or change to the white.

If I change to white I will also opt for bigger wheels.

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2012 05:45pm by Griff449.)
20-05-2012 05:44pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Wobble on colour choice

Stick with blue

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
20-05-2012 05:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pommyboi

it's such a personal decision isn't it? I thought about Baltic blue but the dealer put me off calling it "Doom blue" in the trade because it doesn't hide scratches/marks at all.

But other people have it and love it.

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
20-05-2012 05:50pm
Griff449

I do really like the blue just worried about 6 myths down the line lol

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
20-05-2012 05:58pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
caroline11000

Baltic blue is the last colour I would have chosen, my personal opinion though! It seems a bit drab to me and doesn't do the WOW factor for the car! I am obviously in favour of white, but I do think after seeing some on the roads now that the blacks or red look pretty classy!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
20-05-2012 06:04pm
Griff449

White does seem to be the classic colour on the roads lol

How you finding looking after the paintwork on it?

20-05-2012 06:28pm
Straydox

Stick with blue - change to Mauritius if you want a 'stand out' colour, it's a shade of blue that tolerates being a bit dirty and still looking reasonably respectable - being neither too light or too dark.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
20-05-2012 06:48pm
drdom

I may be biased, but I'd say if your not sure then there is nothing wrong with having a think about it. I'm picking up my Baltic Blue in a week. Had originally ordered Glaway green, I just think land rovers are green cars, but having seen pictures and finding one in real life I wasn't sure about the colour, so the change to Baltic. Having seen it I love the colour, but I like slightly darker coloured cars.
At the end is a personal decision and if your not sure, maybe you should change!

5 door Pure SD4, Baltic Blue,Tech Pack, rear camera, Front fogs, pano roof, folding mirrors
Estimated build May '12
20-05-2012 07:12pm
Griff449

Be good to see some pics of yours when you get it Smile

What you reckon about maintenance of the bodywork then.......

20-05-2012 07:32pm
xxxx5

I saw a blue RRE at the factory, it didn't do anything for its lines. It will also show scratches and swirl marks very easily, if it was me I would avoid.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
20-05-2012 07:33pm