Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wish you had specced a Contrast roof?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Wish you had specced a Contrast roof?

But you didn't............

I have inquired of a local vehicle wrapping copy about the approximate cost to:

a) create a contrast roof when you also have a panoramic roof by wrapping with gloss black vinyl

b) to do a main body wrap and leave the original body colour roof

Here is the reply:

Quote:Hi Tim,

Many thanks for your enquiry to wrap your Range Rover Evoque.

I am not entirely sure to the size of the area on the roof, however having done similar jobs, we find that it works out the same as doing the whole roof, as we still need to use one full panel to eliminate joins. Therefore the cost would be around £200.

The full wrap minus the roof would be around £1500 inc VAT. It depends a bit on the exact colour. All of out work comes full guaranteed, and is to the very highest of standards.

If you would like any further information, or would like to book the car in, please got in touch.

Kind Regards

So a bit like doing the factory contrast roof it appears that regardless of the panoramic roof the cost to do it as a wrap is the same as doing the entire roof.

FYI I asked what it would cost to do the main body wrap for a COUPE so assume that as more work is necessary on a 5 door it may be more costly. I was interested in doing a Cosworth Metallic Blue wrap.........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-08-2011 11:02am by Martin.)
24-08-2011 12:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leesug

RE: Wish you had specced a Contrast roof?

Excellent post.

£200 to wrap the roof looks like an excellent option for Pure spec car where LR do not offer the facility.

Very tempted now.

Lee

Pure SD4 Manual, Orkney Grey with Black interior, pure style pack, Xenons and a range of dealer fit extras that added £1k to my bill! (managed to secure a showroom car)
Ex too many, but slightly interesting Porsche 911 3.2, 996, 928 * 2, Saab, BMW, Merc a plenty....
24-08-2011 01:50pm
Blackseries

(24-08-2011 12:48pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  I was interested in doing a Cosworth Metallic Blue wrap.........

Did they give you a selection of colours? When I enquired locally I was offered a range of blacks .......... and white!

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
24-08-2011 02:48pm
XFullFatTim

No I didn't ask what colours they can do but looking at their website just about anything is possible from plain solids right through to mirror/ chromed.................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-08-2011 03:18pm
BOBM4N

now loving the thought of a contrast black carbon fibre roof.

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
24-08-2011 03:51pm
XFullFatTim

There's a fake crocodile skin wrapped RRS for sale on eBay so anything is possible Bob!

24-08-2011 04:02pm
evoqueboy

^^^ Tim I thought it was snake skin?
24-08-2011 04:18pm
XFullFatTim

That's what it says in the ad, but it's very weird snakeskin if it is! Judge for yourself
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-RANGE-ROV...657wt_1139

(This post was last modified: 24-08-2011 04:23pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-08-2011 04:21pm
J77

Did you really have to add another link to that thing. Although there is a guy going around with a 10my RRS with the Hibernian football club tartan wrap.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
24-08-2011 08:14pm
Token

I'm completely sold on the idea of a Frozen Grey wrap...but I can't help but be skeptical about the whole thing....seems too good to be true.

Anyone got any experience or 'wrapped' cars?

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
25-08-2011 07:09pm