Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Windscreen Tag Location
couplands

RE: Windscreen Tag Location

Thanks Bill, that is very helpful.

The tag I have is much smaller, from Sanef, but will try it in the same position. I was holding mine a bit higher up in the shaded/dotted area as that is what the instructions with the tag suggested.

Cheers

Simon
02-06-2015 09:46am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bill

(02-06-2015 09:46am)couplands Wrote:  Thanks Bill, that is very helpful.

The tag I have is much smaller, from Sanef, but will try it in the same position. I was holding mine a bit higher up in the shaded/dotted area as that is what the instructions with the tag suggested.

Cheers

Simon

Mines quite an old one, have been told newer ones are smaller but have to pay 10 Euros to upgrade! I was told by the dealer where exactly to put the tag when I picked the car up and he was spot on. Good luck.

Now with Dynamic TD4, 5 door, Kaikora Stone, manual, tech & comfort packs
02-06-2015 12:05pm
HotLap

(02-06-2015 12:05pm)Bill Wrote:  Mines quite an old one, have been told newer ones are smaller but have to pay 10 Euros to upgrade! I was told by the dealer where exactly to put the tag when I picked the car up and he was spot on. Good luck.

Bill, nice photo's, thanks for posting and you beat me to the punch...I was going to mention that your transponder looked as big as a phone book and couldn't yet get a smaller one Smile Cheers!

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
07-06-2015 02:37pm
couplands

Well, tried the tag again on the way back through France....no joy...
09-06-2015 09:34pm
couplands

...meant to add that I tried the Sanef tag in the clear space on the windscreen as well as holding it outside of the door window and waving it at the sensor at the toll booth. Not a thing happened. Is there any way to test these tags without actually driving through a toll booth..?

I guess I need to contact Sanef and see what they say.

cheers

simon
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 10:34pm by couplands.)
10-06-2015 10:33pm
MartinP

(27-05-2015 06:52pm)MartinP Wrote:  Hmmmmm.....I wonder if that's why my Severn tag didn't work a couple of weeks ago as I certainly didn't put it near the gap by the mirror (not knowing that I should!) - apologies if you were in the queue that built up behind me! I will try it in the correct place shortly.

Well, I'm pleased to report that the tag worked for me when I put it in the correct place.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
23-07-2015 12:34pm
couplands

I've returned mine for a refund. To be honest, it was as easy to put the credit card in the machine, and its cheaper than paying the Sanef rates, and no annual fee. For the few times I'll be driving in France it wasn't worth the stress.

If there was some way to test it before you went, then I may give it another go, but unfortunately it isn't possible.

cheers

simon
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2015 01:52pm by couplands.)
23-07-2015 01:51pm