Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Window shade/sun shade
Kitt

Window shade/sun shade

Can anyone recommend a good window / sun shade for the rear window? The tinted windows are great but on the rare occasion that the sun comes out in the UK it would be handy to have some more shade for my little girl.

I'm wondering if the standard ones from mothercare, halfords etc fit fine or if anyone can recommend a brand which fits the evoque well....

Thanks
22-05-2013 09:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RichardW66

RE: Window shade/sun shade

(22-05-2013 09:05pm)Kitt Wrote:  Can anyone recommend a good window / sun shade for the rear window? The tinted windows are great but on the rare occasion that the sun comes out in the UK it would be handy to have some more shade for my little girl.

I'm wondering if the standard ones from mothercare, halfords etc fit fine or if anyone can recommend a brand which fits the evoque well....

Thanks

Hi

I bought a full set of privacy shades, (Rear and back window) for the Evoque, then when mine arrived with privacy glass, the extra shades were just too much. I paid over £100.00 for the full set, but could let you have them for £50.00 plus postage if you want? Can send you the link so that you can see what they are.

Richard

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Fuji White ~ Ebony Leather ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Xenons with LED Signature ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Electric Heated Powerfold Mirrors ~ Auto-Dimming Mirror ~ Privacy Glass ~ Front Fog Lights ~ 20" Style 6 Wheels M+S Tyres ~ Twin Exhaust Pipes (like the SD4)
Ordered: 07/03/12 ~ Behind the wheel: 22/11/12
23-05-2013 11:25am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
j7david

Are they specially shaped for the Evoque windows?

If Kitt isn't interested in them, I might be. Have photos/link?

Jan '12 Dynamic SD4 Auto, 19" General Grabber AT, a few options, off to Kenya soon.
23-05-2013 01:24pm
Kitt

Thanks for the offer RichardW66 but think they also might be a bit much, just after a good removable shade. Feel free to offer them to j7david.
23-05-2013 08:33pm
j7david

We have some Mamas & Papas ones which stick on the rear windows; they're okay but don't cover the full size of the glass (too tall and not wide enough) and it'd be nicer to have something a bit more effective for motorway journeys with sun shining direct on child seat.
24-05-2013 01:09am
RichardW66

(23-05-2013 01:24pm)j7david Wrote:  Are they specially shaped for the Evoque windows?

If Kitt isn't interested in them, I might be. Have photos/link?

Hi David, sent you a PM

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Fuji White ~ Ebony Leather ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Xenons with LED Signature ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Electric Heated Powerfold Mirrors ~ Auto-Dimming Mirror ~ Privacy Glass ~ Front Fog Lights ~ 20" Style 6 Wheels M+S Tyres ~ Twin Exhaust Pipes (like the SD4)
Ordered: 07/03/12 ~ Behind the wheel: 22/11/12
24-05-2013 01:04pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply