Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Winding review magasine review.
ED209

Winding review magasine review.

It may be american but its a cracking online car magasine, anyway the latest issue has an evoque review in it.

http://magazine.windingroad.com/issue/75/
22-10-2011 12:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

RE: Winding review magasine review.

Thanks for listing the review, the Colima Lime really suits the Coupe!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 22-10-2011 05:47pm by Spiderman.)
22-10-2011 05:46pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes nice review and nice colour, but who is going to be brave enough to buy it? It's a bit like the Kermit Green Focus RS's or the Bright metallic Green Scirocco's - nice if it belongs to somebody else!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-10-2011 05:57pm
Evoqess

"A really dreamy crossover" in the summary at the end of the magazine.
Good review, flipping through the other bits I was reminded how unlucky we are not to have Alpha Romeo in Canada.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
22-10-2011 06:06pm
VJD

Tim, I don't know if it was brave or stupid, but I chose the Colima Lime last March and am sticking with it. Somewhat to my own surprise, especially since they tried to get me to change after the tsunami-related supply pigment supply issues. But I am following my heart not my brain on this one. Guess I am just tired of the bland silver I've been driving for 12 years, which just blended in with the majority of other silver cars in Switzerland. Although recently it seems as if white is the new silver... Particularly appreciated the combo of green Evoque + top of Blackcomb in this article, as I am Canadian and have skied there many times...
22-10-2011 10:29pm
ytshome

(22-10-2011 10:29pm)VJD Wrote:  Tim, I don't know if it was brave or stupid, but I chose the Colima Lime last March and am sticking with it. Somewhat to my own surprise, especially since they tried to get me to change after the tsunami-related supply pigment supply issues. But I am following my heart not my brain on this one. Guess I am just tired of the bland silver I've been driving for 12 years, which just blended in with the majority of other silver cars in Switzerland. Although recently it seems as if white is the new silver... Particularly appreciated the combo of green Evoque + top of Blackcomb in this article, as I am Canadian and have skied there many times...

Good on you!! I know someone who works in the factory and who drives dozens of Evoques every day. Colima is her fave!

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
22-10-2011 10:33pm
The Valeter

The Coloma does look good in the Dynamic.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
22-10-2011 10:37pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

VJ, I've been there too - Monte Carlo Blue FFRR.................. dealers said I was mad, it would never resell - strange how once they had had one on the showroom floor they sold another 8 of them. Followed that with a Giverny Green RRS sort of mossy grey green with Aspen Green leather, same dealer loads of sucking of teeth, sold it to a dealership in London who gave a good price for it, reckoned it might take a while to shift but it sold in a week and I know it still looks good because 5 years later that car was in their servicing car park when I called by with the Evoque, told the sales team I couldn't figure out why I recognised the car but there was something about it, they told me it was my old one! I wanted a White RRS with privacy - advice from local dealer, no way............... then they got one in for another client and had more interest in that RRS than any other, I was driving a Stornoway Grey car bought from Lookers Park Royal by then! I'd have a Colina tomorrow but have been stung twice with unusual coloured Range Rovers so the third, fourth and fifth ones I have played safe with the colours - Stornoway, Stornoway and White! Boring and dull..............

Monte Carlo Blue
[Image: 171003-10.jpg]

Giverny Green
[Image: DSCF0004.jpg]
[Image: nonumberplate-small.jpg]
Aspen and Parchment Interior
[Image: RRSport002.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 12:24am by XFullFatTim.)
23-10-2011 12:18am
Evoqess

I think I may have been tempted by the Colima green if it was available to order before the first quarter of 2012. But ultimately would have decided on the Fuji white as I know the novelty of the lime would wear off for me personally. White never becomes boring Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
23-10-2011 07:27am