Prestige
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why the prestige over the pure?
doug

RE: Why the prestige over the pure?

(07-07-2011 03:57pm)wbessada Wrote:  
(07-07-2011 03:45pm)doug Wrote:  I work for a large manufacturer (not cars) & it's allways the same, you start with a basic product, it sales well, so you had a few bells & whistles & charge twice the amount. public buy in to that.
The same goes for cars. Thats why all Rangerovers are HSE.

As it's been said before, a loaded up Pure is £3500 cheaper than a Prestige. But without electric seats & better leather.

I guess it's all down to the badge on the back of your new car (£3.49)......

Is there a different badge? I hadn't noticed!

I see you've gone for Orkney which is my current thining - have you seen any decent photos of it on the Evoque?

The Pure badge is outlined in black, Prestige fully chrome & Dynamic outlined in red.
07-07-2011 04:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

(07-07-2011 04:02pm)DJ2Tall Wrote:  But do we all agree that the Dynamic is worth the extra over the Pure fully loaded (about £4,400) for the Magnaride, Body Styling, Keyless, Park Assist, Surround Camera and 20" rims?

Not if you don't like the Dynamic !!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
07-07-2011 04:07pm
WB
WB

(07-07-2011 04:02pm)DJ2Tall Wrote:  But do we all agree that the Dynamic is worth the extra over the Pure fully loaded (about £4,400) for the Magnaride, Body Styling, Keyless, Park Assist, Surround Camera and 20" rims?

Personally I'm not a fan of the Dynamic interior however I think it's easier to justify the extra cost on the Dynamic than it is on the Prestige.

By the way does anyone know where I could find a side by side comparison table of the standard equipment on the Pure, Prestige and Dynamic?
07-07-2011 04:17pm
Gorjan

(07-07-2011 12:37pm)wbessada Wrote:  My dealer claims that 95% of his orders are Prestige or Dynamic models and is basically advising me to steer clear of the Pure.

I'm in two minds between Pure and Prestige.

While I fully appreciate the differences with the Dynamic I'm struggling a bit to see why I'd order a Prestige over a Pure other than on colour choices for the interior. I'm probably going for Cirrus or Black so thats not an issue for me.

When I spec my options there is about £5100 uplift for the Prestige and while I agree the leather is nicer I'd put no more than £500 value on it.

My spec is 5 dr Pure SD4 Auto (£31315) + metallic (£550) + Panoramic (£460) + Style 4 wheels (£450) + tech pack (£1900) + front fogs (£205) = £34880.

The 5 dr Prestige SD4 Auto base price is (£38,990) and I don't think there are any options I'd add to it.

So apart from the nicer leather and leather on the dash upper - what other features are leading you to the prestige?

You cannot order certin options with the Pure (adaptive dynamics, ad. Xenons, blind spot monitoring, i think the premium Meridian sound system that is 800W)...

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
07-07-2011 06:01pm
Urban Splash

Of course the dealer will advise to avoid Pure. He will get more cash if you go for a Prestige/Dynamic....

Also, Pure build starts later that Prestige and Dynamic......so many that placed deposits don't want to wait for Pure build....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
07-07-2011 06:06pm
Gorjan

My dealer advised me to go Pure with style pck. Probably being afraid he will lose me alltogether with just basic pure (too basic in my country) and the prestige/dynamic being way too epxensive for our market...

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
07-07-2011 06:32pm
DJ2Tall

(07-07-2011 04:17pm)wbessada Wrote:  

Personally I'm not a fan of the Dynamic interior however I think it's easier to justify the extra cost on the Dynamic than it is on the Prestige.

By the way does anyone know where I could find a side by side comparison table of the standard equipment on the Pure, Prestige and Dynamic?

If it's not on the website, your dealer will be able to supply it to you like mine did me on paper sheets. They have a folder with all that in.Cool
07-07-2011 06:37pm
cjfp

(07-07-2011 06:01pm)Gorjan Wrote:  
(07-07-2011 12:37pm)wbessada Wrote:  My dealer claims that 95% of his orders are Prestige or Dynamic models and is basically advising me to steer clear of the Pure.

I'm in two minds between Pure and Prestige.

While I fully appreciate the differences with the Dynamic I'm struggling a bit to see why I'd order a Prestige over a Pure other than on colour choices for the interior. I'm probably going for Cirrus or Black so thats not an issue for me.

When I spec my options there is about £5100 uplift for the Prestige and while I agree the leather is nicer I'd put no more than £500 value on it.

My spec is 5 dr Pure SD4 Auto (£31315) + metallic (£550) + Panoramic (£460) + Style 4 wheels (£450) + tech pack (£1900) + front fogs (£205) = £34880.

The 5 dr Prestige SD4 Auto base price is (£38,990) and I don't think there are any options I'd add to it.

So apart from the nicer leather and leather on the dash upper - what other features are leading you to the prestige?

You cannot order certin options with the Pure (adaptive dynamics, ad. Xenons, blind spot monitoring, i think the premium Meridian sound system that is 800W)...

In the UK we can order all those on the Pure except the adaptive dynamics

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
07-07-2011 07:02pm
Blackseries

I have mentioned this before elsewhere but just to re- cap as I wanted all the options that are standard on a Prestige I thought I would order a Pure with all those options and save myself £1,900 over the equivalent Prestige - however after going to the Evoque live I felt the Prestige was more of a model in its own right and therefore changed my order. I still don't think the Prestige is good value per se - but I prefer the total Prestige package. ..... and in my particular circumstance a Prestige will retain a higher percentage of its original purchase price than my initial order of a fully loaded Pure.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
07-07-2011 08:50pm
SW6RR

Blackseries, that was the thread I was talking about. Difference is 2k if you go all out on options and on that basis I'd have the prestige every time.
07-07-2011 09:26pm