Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Land Rover taking the mickey or what?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Is Land Rover taking the mickey or what?

Mark, as far as I know InControl is a figment of LR's imagination at the moment, it only exists in their dreams except that somebody slipped it onto the 2014 options list and a load of us were silly enough to believe something so hi-tech might make it into the cars LR makes.

I've owned Audis before but they were a massive yawn compared to any Land Rover I have owned - Audi 80 Avants so well built they were boring and cost even more than a Land Rover to service.

It appears that deleting the options would not get me the car any sooner and might even set it back further!

I sincerely hope that somebody in the LR marketing dept gets sacked for this fiasco of announcing options that it appears that LR now has no intention of ever fitting to any of their cars.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 11:39pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-03-2014 11:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m_101

carplay looks exceptional but does force you into having an iphone for the duration that you have the car... I didn't upgrade my iphone 4s when the 5 / 5s came out as they weren't really enough of a step forwards for me. Having said that the android phones aren't any better at the moment.
It is a shame that altering your order won't bring things forward at all - just pray that it's trouble free when it does arrive. Given LR's apparent (in)ability to sort out problems lord knows how they'll get it fixed if it all goes wrong!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
05-03-2014 05:39pm
t3

I have spec'ed InControl on my new Evoque. It was due to be built early March but got a call saying it was delayed till the middle of March last month. As of the last update from my dealer yesterday it is still on track for an mid March build.

I will keep you posted if there are any changes...
05-03-2014 07:39pm
mark_n

It's not just InControl. The RRS hybrid has been cancelled for this model year, LR claim because of production congestion. Cynics (or realists?) will say it's because LR have been talking up a car which isn't ready. They really do have to stop this nonsense.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
05-03-2014 08:03pm
MarkA_

Ok so I emailed my salesperson today asking "given my car was built on the 5th March when can I expect delivery" and was unceremoniously told "oh your build has been delayed to the 19th and we have no idea why".

Now I don't mind that it's been delayed as this is my first actual build delay, but I AM annoyed that they did not tell me until I was chasing for delivery after it was already supposed to be built and they do know the reason why as they have told Tim why his was delayed.

Looks like ours might be on the same transporter down to London, Tim.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
12-03-2014 08:18pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Is yours also coming from Hadley Green Mark? There have been some changes of staff and ownership there in the last few days - I was dealing with Jeremy Jackson but now my sale is being looked after by Jonathon Leston, new to the company and never sold a Land Rover before.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 08:27pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-03-2014 08:26pm
MarkA_

Yes HGG. Anthony Cross has been and still is my saleman from the start. Jeremy is his manager (still).

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
12-03-2014 08:53pm
PhilSkill

As I looked out of my Window to view someone start digging up the road.. (pleased they are finally repairing it honestly!) Just saw 2 transporters from Landrover, 3 Full Fats, 3 Defenders, 1 Discovery and 5 Sports, not an Evoque in sight...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
12-03-2014 08:54pm
Evo-king

Tim, I'm sure you will be able to guide Jonathon through the process.

You can do without any more hold ups.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
12-03-2014 11:19pm