Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long should it take to get a build date from your dealer
mywillia

Hi all

Question as per thread.

I ask because I placed my order on 12 Sept and paid my deposit. The order form quotes an "Estimated" delivery date of 1/1/2012 and I was told that they would know more in 10 days.

To date I've not had a firm build date confirmed, should it take this long? I've contacted the dealer and they just keep telling me "no news".

Delivered:-
Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Coupe Manual with Lux pack
Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
30-09-2011 01:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: How long should it take to get a build date from your dealer

A lot will depend on how many build slots your dealer has been assigned and what LR reckons that dealer's target sales should be. It could be that the dealer you placed your order with has no build slots available until the end of the year. Phone around and see if any other dealers have a slot sooner as there will still be some slots not taken up. Try phoning the forum sponsors and see what they have. Is your deposit refundable as that also will be a deciding factor if you find a slot sooner? There are dealers with physical cars they can sell if you are happy with the colour (likely to be Black, White /Orkney or Indus) and the spec - you could have a car next week if that option is open to you.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2011 03:38pm by XFullFatTim.)
30-09-2011 03:37pm
LP

Took me about 4 months...and even then it had to be put back.
30-09-2011 04:15pm
awharton

(30-09-2011 04:15pm)LP Wrote:  Took me about 4 months...and even then it had to be put back.

Placed my order at the end of August - with a build slot for December. Not had a confirmed build date yet...
30-09-2011 04:43pm
mywillia

Thanks all for the info. It's comforting (I think) to know that it's not a case of Pay deposit, get notified of build date.
I've already phoned round a few dealers local to me and they don't have any slots available until May next year.
The dealer I placed the order with are very good to be fair to them. I've made it known that I'll take something sooner as long as it's a dynamic with the Lux pack. The only one they had that was close to what I had ordered was in Colima Lime. I could have had that car early october but the colour doesn't agree with me. All the other cars they have coming in don't have the lux pack. They actually have a Dynamic in the showroom that they said I could have as it's now been released for sale but again it doesn't have the Lux pack. Maybe I need to widen my search or just keep my fingers crossed for a January delivery.

Delivered:-
Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Coupe Manual with Lux pack
Verve Leather
20" Shadow Chrome Alloys
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
30-09-2011 06:34pm