Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why did you choose the Evoque?
JiiPee

RE: Why did you choose the Evoque?

One year ago I thought I was going to get an Audi Q5. Then I just wandered into a Land Rover website for some odd reason and saw this new Range Rover that was coming out. After that there really was no other options. I played the "wise and careful comparison" game for couple of months and even test drove the Q5, Volvo XC60 and FL2. I had the Volvo for a whole weekend and remember thinking on a second day that: there is nothing wrong with this car, but It already feels like that "same old car" and there's absolutely no WOW at all!.

In March I pre-ordered my Evoque!

Now I have WOW everytime I drive it!

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
13-12-2011 10:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DefLeppard

I fell in love with it emotionally from the moment I saw it - its a damn sexy looking car.

I then also played the wise and careful comparison game, of what else I could get for my money in that size.
I needed a small 4wd, and there is nothing exciting in that category in my price range that seemed to stack up again the Evoque.

It seems to me that for Australian customers it sits in quite a unique price bracket. Its dearer that the common suv's - such as Mazda CX-9, Ford Territory, Nissan Murano (my current car) but can be specced on road to come in a lot cheaper than "luxury" cars such as the BMW X3, VW Touareg. And as much as my brother suggested the Volvo XC range- Im sorry, but its a Volvo.....Ask any Australian - anyone under 70 wouldn't be seen dead in a Volvo. In Top Gear terminology - a Volvo in Australia is Seriously uncool. (is that the same O/S?)

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
14-12-2011 07:58am
WB
WB

I looked at XC90, XC60, new V60, 3 series touring, 5 series touring, VW Touareg, X5, X3 (very briefly), LX400h and ruled them all out for being too big, too small, too boring, too common or a combination of the above, second choice was XC60. Ultimately the Evoque won for its unique looks, value for money, equipment levels, ride, interior space and size (although I do wish the boot was a bit bigger) - the long waiting list which will hopefully mean very strong residuals helped a lot too!
14-12-2011 12:31pm
leveller

After 2 real bad winters and stuck indoors with 2 BMWs going nowhere, we decided it was time for a 4x4. After asking around, we only heard good things about LRs and a few ok stories about other brands. We saw an Evoque on the M40 and was immediately interested to know more. We didn't want a giant vehicle like the RRS, Vogue or D4. We like a bit of pampering from our cars so the Freelander didn't fit the bill. So that left the Evoque. We borrowed a 3dr manual from a dealer for 2 hours and within 10 minutes we decided to order one. 5dr so we can fit the parents and friends in the back without dislocating hips to get in. Petrol for the little extra grunt it'll give.

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
14-12-2011 12:55pm
ED209

(14-12-2011 12:31pm)WB Wrote:  I looked at XC90, XC60, new V60, 3 series touring, 5 series touring, VW Touareg, X5, X3 (very briefly), LX400h and ruled them all out for being too big, too small, too boring, too common or a combination of the above, second choice was XC60. Ultimately the Evoque won for its unique looks, value for money, equipment levels, ride, interior space and size (although I do wish the boot was a bit bigger) - the long waiting list which will hopefully mean very strong residuals helped a lot too!

xc 60 is my second favourite too, I diasgree with the value for money though, a top top spec xc60 can be had for about 30k as its easy to get a 5-6k discount on them.

For me I suppose it was the style of the evoque that won me over, I didnt really look at anything else before i ordered. Its only the unknown delivery time that actually started me looking at other cars.
14-12-2011 12:56pm
Ezandania

I chose the Evoque simply due to its beauty, but then started to hang around this form, trawling the internet on every bit of information I could find...so far so good with all the motoring journalists giving it much praise and accolades. However, the nightmare stories of my cousin who had owned a Disco2 (recurring probs of godknowswhat) still hangs a doubt or two in my mind. Landrovers had not been a popular choice here simply because it was deemed unreliable. Through the internet, i got to know the Evoque was manufactured in Halewood, a plant which had been praised for its efficiency and quality manufacturing processes and control. The engine taken from Ford was hailed as a potent, reliable and tunable. The electrics were a bit of a concern as that is from Landrover. The tranny a bit of a mixed bag from my research in the Jaguar forums. So after all the research and endless hours of trawling every nook n cranny of the net reading abt the components making the evoque, there was only one thing to do - I simply took a leap of faith.

If not the Evoque, it would have been the Nissan GTR. A reliably fast car,but there's simply not enough roads here to enjoy it. And I think the feeling of going fast anywhere would bore me someday. And that's where the Evoque wins. Its just more balanced. You can simply take it anywhere. Ride the twisties, go shopping, a day at the beach etc. It's going to be my new best friend.

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
14-12-2011 01:40pm
fam1x

Just needed a bigger car look at a few different models like Audi Q5 and Q7 but the just looked boring and lacking. Looked at the RRS and Cayenne too but they seem too big for my garage. Then came along the A5 which looks amazing test drove and it ticked all the boxes I needed, but wasnt able to get one straight away had to order one which was 12 weeks, that’s when I heard about the Evoque being available in Sept 11. Car looks fantastic and thought if i was having to wait might as wait for something new.
Since then went off road test drive and on the road and it’s been amazing and can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
14-12-2011 04:15pm
EvoqueMan

For me its the styling and the size.

ps nice cars there you have
14-12-2011 05:38pm
o|||||o

I canceled my MB C63 Coupe and went for the Evoque instead as well. It's not a direct competitor- I just liked the Evoque so much when I saw it that I decided to keep my Cayman S that I was going to replace with the C63 and decided to replace my pretty new Jeep Wrangler with the Evoque instead.

The Evoque is probably only 1/2 as off-road worthy as my modified Wrangler but the comfort, practicality, technology, and fuel mileage is so much better that it was an easy decision. Plus I have another 4x4 truck that can handle off road needs as good as the Jeep so I won't be missing much.

Anyway, out of my 6, the Evoque will be my daily driver and go-to all around vehicle.
15-12-2011 05:53am
WB
WB

(14-12-2011 12:56pm)ED209 Wrote:  xc 60 is my second favourite too, I diasgree with the value for money though, a top top spec xc60 can be had for about 30k as its easy to get a 5-6k discount on them.

For me I suppose it was the style of the evoque that won me over, I didnt really look at anything else before i ordered. Its only the unknown delivery time that actually started me looking at other cars.

My value for money opinion is based on the residuals which if i recall correctly are 93% after year one according to Glass's guide - not sure an XC60 can touch that...
(This post was last modified: 15-12-2011 10:31am by WB.)
15-12-2011 10:31am