Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who's going to wave/flash
ant

Who's going to wave/flash

OK, so who's going to wave or flash lights at other Evoques?
It's something I've done over the years in Range Rovers, TVRs, American cars, Minis, MINIs, the Stag, the Defender, and until lately the DB9.Cool
In the first few months, the Evoques will be relatively few and far between, so it will be a rare occurence to come across too many others, and the novelty will, no doubt, cause a bit of waving and flashing. But, I suppose, once there are millions of Evoques around waving will no doubt go out the window!
I for one will continue to acknowledge other Evoques out there no matter what.LaughingLaughing
How about you?Wink
ANTVery Happy

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
31-08-2011 08:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pureevoque

RE: Who's going to wave/flash

Yeah I'm sure that will happen, kinda miss that from the impreza driving days

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
31-08-2011 08:36pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Oh no nothing so obvious as flashing lights or waving - Defender owners acknowledge each other with a raised index finger off the steering wheel. Forum members have also got to spot others by their forum window sticker proudly displayed where the dealers advertising usually goes.......

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-08-2011 08:46pm
mark_n

Yes, raised index finger is it. Still get that when in my Impreza, such a great car, having serious doubts whether I want to sell it.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
31-08-2011 09:56pm
evoqueboy

Me
31-08-2011 10:20pm
xxxx5

I miss this from my mini and Z4 days, bring it on! My wife (then girlfriend), thought I knew a lot of people when we first went out in one of the cars until she worked out 'the in the know flash or wave' Laughing

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
31-08-2011 10:27pm
Jonathon555

I believe after 6 months of driving my main beam switch will be broken & my headlights worn out, If the phenomenal sales numbers are right.

I will stick to waving

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
01-09-2011 09:55pm
griff

I'm a waver rather than a flasher Wink

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
01-09-2011 10:15pm
defender_uk

also index finger....always....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
04-09-2011 05:27am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply