Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who's Evoque is this? Can't recall where I found it on this forum?
LIONHEAD

RE: Who's Evoque is this? Can't recall where I found it on this forum?

HotLap: EvoqueBliss also said his shop just cut and weld. Didn't have to adjust the exhaust to have the tips fit.
23-03-2015 03:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HotLap

(22-03-2015 06:40am)LIONHEAD Wrote:  HotLap: It's been a couple of years and I don't recall if my shop adjusted the exhausts to fit the tips straight without pointing downward. I know my shop took different pics of how far I wanted the tips to stick out but that would be more on how much to cut the pipe to weld the new tips. EvoqueBliss had his done last year at a different shop and I don't remember him saying his shop had to adjust the exhaust either but I'll ask him and let you know. As for wheels, I went with Rennen. I might have been able to go alittle wider but my wheel guy told me just to be safe to go with the same size as the 20" wheels that is an option on the Evoque which I believe is 20x9. I didn't want it to stick out past the wheel well.

Thanks and if you're ever in the Chi-Town let me know.

Thanks Lionhead, I lived downtown Chicago for 3 years in the mid 1990's, what a great city and the people were awesome! I had a blast there, was like being on vacation all the time, so much to do!

For wheels, I'm leaning towards the Lexani, on either Gloss Black or Gloss Black with Machined surface. They are 20x 8.5" (stock is 20x8") and I'm being assured they will be the right offset - no sticking out the fenders, etc. I'm really having a difficult time deciding between the twom all black is more aggressive, but the machined face ties in to the other Atlas/Chrome bits....

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
(This post was last modified: 24-03-2015 06:23pm by HotLap.)
24-03-2015 06:18pm
LIONHEAD

Chicago is nice but the winters can be brutal. Those wheels look nice. What you can do is what I did. I purchased the wheels in polished. After a few years, I got bored and had them powder coated in black at my local dealer (or wheel shop) for a few hundred bucks.
26-03-2015 02:57pm
HotLap

(26-03-2015 02:57pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  Chicago is nice but the winters can be brutal. Those wheels look nice. What you can do is what I did. I purchased the wheels in polished. After a few years, I got bored and had them powder coated in black at my local dealer (or wheel shop) for a few hundred bucks.

Just what I was thinking, I'm leaning towards the machined then if I do the black out, I'll go complete (letters, side vents, etc) later. Am having an estimate prepared on vinyl wrapping the u bars to match the bright Atlas trim pieces and will gloss black the plastic skid plate areas...
Cheers

26-03-2015 06:21pm
saint365

(23-03-2015 03:56pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  HotLap: EvoqueBliss also said his shop just cut and weld. Didn't have to adjust the exhaust to have the tips fit.

Hi Lionhead!
Your Evoque inspired me to work on my evoque as well. I also live in Chicago.
My current project is true carbon vinyl wrapping on some parts of the vehicle and muffler tip add on's.
However, I can't seem to find good muffler shop, do you have any recommendations?
Thank you.
01-04-2015 06:00pm
LIONHEAD

(01-04-2015 06:00pm)saint365 Wrote:  Hi Lionhead!
Your Evoque inspired me to work on my evoque as well. I also live in Chicago.
My current project is true carbon vinyl wrapping on some parts of the vehicle and muffler tip add on's.
However, I can't seem to find good muffler shop, do you have any recommendations?
Thank you.

Hello saint365,

I think any muffler or speed shop can do the cut and weld but I had mine done from Mike at Eurotoys Ltd in Elgin. Not sure if that's too far west from you.
14-04-2015 05:57pm
saint365

Re: RE: Who's Evoque is this? Can't recall where I found it on this forum?

(14-04-2015 05:57pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  Hello saint365,

I think any muffler or speed shop can do the cut and weld but I had mine done from Mike at Eurotoys Ltd in Elgin. Not sure if that's too far west from you.

Hi, thank you for your reply. I was not able to find trustful muffler shop near my area so I decided to do full catback from magnaflow. Ordered last week and waiting Smile
14-04-2015 06:02pm
HotLap

(14-04-2015 06:02pm)saint365 Wrote:  Hi, thank you for your reply. I was not able to find trustful muffler shop near my area so I decided to do full catback from magnaflow. Ordered last week and waiting Smile

Saint, please post once you have it installed and I would really like to hear your opinion on the sound (tonality and volume) post install and weather or not you see any performance or fuel economy improvement..
Will your new system have the same 4"OD slash cut tips that Lionhead installed? I just received mine (tips only) and am waiting on my new wheels to install them all together. Good luck!

15-04-2015 10:41pm