Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who are you? Lets meet up...
jitenc

RE: Who are you? Lets meet up...

(29-04-2012 05:53pm)Merf Wrote:  Sorry to be a misery but why do people flash at other drivers of the same car ? Do you high five everybody in the same trainers, or wave at people who also have milk in Tesco ?

It like when people say you should meet their friend, you'll like them, they're tall too !

I totally get a forum and discussing queries etc. ut what does a flash or wave achieve whilst out ? I'll get my coat if i'm the only misery.

PS, yes I live in London.

Hi Merf,
Check this thread out:

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Iconic-ge...ht=Gesture

Its has 3 letters and is called FUN....
Hope you own an anorak as well.... I hear they have a Members Only club..ShockedLaughingCool

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
30-04-2012 01:08am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
David Cameron

No Merf, your not the only one! It hacks me off, especially if it's a better spec one that parks next to you. I then get paranoid thinking they have done it on purpose, which they probably have.

As for waving at people, I ignore people I know, so why should I wave at people I don't? Had enough of that nonsense driving my motor cycle in days gone by. Rather concentrate on the road.
30-04-2012 07:36am
speary

(30-04-2012 07:36am)David Cameron Wrote:  No Merf, your not the only one! It hacks me off, especially if it's a better spec one that parks next to you. I then get paranoid thinking they have done it on purpose, which they probably have.

As for waving at people, I ignore people I know, so why should I wave at people I don't? Had enough of that nonsense driving my motor cycle in days gone by. Rather concentrate on the road.

So far its only Londoners that dont like the waving thing (not that suprised really Smile )
Us northerners are much more friendly, so if I see you I will give you a cheery wave.
Having said that when Evoques are all over the place I might think twice. Same thing happened with my previous A5 Very Happy

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
30-04-2012 08:13am
Coolbanana

(30-04-2012 07:36am)David Cameron Wrote:  Had enough of that nonsense driving my motor cycle in days gone by.

Laughing All the nodding by other Bikers? I hadn't owned a bike for about 15 years and then on a whim bought one last June and was quite taken aback by everyone nodding at you as they rode past. At first I thought ok but now going out on a weekend can be annoying! Shocked

Still do it though.

Never ever waved to another car driver however but then never been waved to either and I certainly wouldn't initiate.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
30-04-2012 08:15am
David Cameron

When I had a Disco, it was the same, flash, wave etc. used to think I was coming upon a speed trap! Can't be ars*d in honesty. It's enough effort to speak to SWMBO in the mornings. Next thing is she'll be wanting a smile!

As for London, I was born there. I love the place and yes, I've lived elsewhere - Manchester - yuck! London is the centre of the world. It's surrounded by history. I find it very friendly - people NOT wanting to wave at you thankfully. I love the fact I can walk to Harrods, Selfridges and Hamleys for the kids. Picnic in Hyde Park on a nice day. It hasnt changed much over the years. I have fond memories of it from when I was a kid.
30-04-2012 09:03am
pap

I've been flashed, waved and smiled at by other Evoquers and Ive responded.

Why? As we are all happy driving the most stylish car on the road. And Its good to share your happiness.
Plus I'm from London too!!!!

Pure TD4, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus, Pano Roof, Front Fogs, Auto washers etc, power folding mirrors with puddle lamps.
30-04-2012 10:37am
Mudi1

DC
Bit of a contradiction with 'London - friendly & waving issue. I can see from your responses (although I think they are funny and a great read), why people see us Londoners as miserable.

I have had an MG & an MGF, I thought the light flashing/waving thing was particular to those in the MGO club.

SWMBO waking up next to happly old you in the morning - how wonderful for her!!!!!! And a smile from you, well she will be on cloud nine all day.
30-04-2012 10:57am
FujiSan

Not mine. She would think I was up to something!

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
30-04-2012 05:12pm
jitenc

(30-04-2012 07:36am)David Cameron Wrote:  No Merf, your not the only one! It hacks me off, especially if it's a better spec one that parks next to you. I then get paranoid thinking they have done it on purpose, which they probably have.

Was in Milton Keynes Xcape last night, and as usual i look for the parking space right in the end of the Car park at the fences. This is where few people park and hence, less chances of dings on the car...
Guess what, a Prestige parked where i would have thought of. Nowt that i wanted to intimidate the owner, but i parked next to it. Since the Prestige had taken 2 car spaces on the left, it was handy for me to park on the right.
So there we go, DC, i was not trying to intimidate. I did not wait for the owner to wave to.... just pure co-incidence... so please do not be paranoid, if i ever park next to you...Twisted Evil

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
30-04-2012 06:25pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

And the Prestige is very defensively parked, the nearside wheels JUST in the slot next door so nobody will be tempted to park next to it!! Then Jitenc comes along and cramps his style by parking close to him on the other side........................... just so he can get both cars in the photo

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-04-2012 06:35pm by XFullFatTim.)
30-04-2012 06:33pm