Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who are the Evoques natural competition ?
Jonathon555

I have just seen a tv advert for a mazda cx5 sky active, which got me thinking. I had a quick look at the pricing for this car is circa 28k for a similar spec to a pure td4

What other cars were on your list before ordering the Evoque

My list was,

Bmw 520d m sport
Merc c250 sport

The evoque drove better than both , it was an event

I think the evoque is pulling in sales from all over , maybe not where the marketing team thought it would

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
05-05-2012 08:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paul_s

RE: Who are the Evoques natural competition ?

I looked at the BMW X1, Freelander 2, VW Tiguan and a Jeep compass.
05-05-2012 08:41pm
Jonathon555

(05-05-2012 08:41pm)paul_s Wrote:  I looked at the BMW X1, Freelander 2, VW Tiguan and a Jeep compass.

Jeep compass !!! Do they still sell them ?

FL2 is a good car

Where in the north east are you ?

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
05-05-2012 08:46pm
ED209

None really i just decided i wanted one so i bought one. I didnt initially consider anything else.

However the delay resulted in me considering x3, x1, q5 and xc60

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
05-05-2012 08:46pm
paul_s

(05-05-2012 08:46pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Jeep compass !!! Do they still sell them ?

FL2 is a good car

Where in the north east are you ?

Yes the Jeep had lots of spec as standard but was very noisy even at low speed. i knew the minute i drove it out the dealers on the test drive i didn't want it. i am in Newcastle.
05-05-2012 08:51pm
Jonathon555

(05-05-2012 08:51pm)paul_s Wrote:  Yes the Jeep had lots of spec as standard but was very noisy even at low speed. i knew the minute i drove it out the dealers on the test drive i didn't want it. i am in Newcastle.

You are just up the road from me, don't see too many evoques in the North east

05-05-2012 08:54pm
paul_s

(05-05-2012 08:54pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  You are just up the road from me, don't see too many evoques in the North east
Are you in Newcastle also? I travel to Sunderland a few times a week an hardly see any, but i have seen a few just in my local area.
05-05-2012 09:00pm
normangt

I've just realised recently that the price of a Dynamic is the same as a new Porsche Boxster. It's been revamped this year and looks amazing. I know its a very different car but I'm gonna take a test drive in it the choose.
05-05-2012 09:09pm
Jonathon555

(05-05-2012 09:00pm)paul_s Wrote:  Are you in Newcastle also? I travel to Sunderland a few times a week an hardly see any, but i have seen a few just in my local area.

I am in Darlington , but visit newcastle everyweek

I see more evoques towards Leeds way

05-05-2012 09:10pm
Kimv

Initially I was thinking about getting one of the new BMW 3 series. But my wife wanted "to sit higher".

So we considered the Kia Sportage, looks very nice but it's a Kia..
We went to have a look at the Ford Kuga, the Opel Antara (actually I opened the door of the dealer, saw it somewhere far in a corner and closed the door again without even going inside...).
Next was the BMW X3 which I think was the closest competitor.
I had never heard about the Evoque but my father told us to go see the "new range rover". We immediately placed an order.

The moment I'll be well established in my midlife crisis I will get me a Chevrolet Camaro..

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
05-05-2012 10:51pm