Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which model
Ianpembs

Which model

Hi All great site, about to take the plunge but choice confusing me initially thought it easy a fully spec'd Pure, went to dealer and computer said No as Zenon lights now not available on Pure so back to the drawing boardCrying I know they re only lights or are they, my first question is do the Zenons make that much difference, if they do then Im looking at the Prestige or Dynanic with just a few toys extra. Im swayed towards the Dynamic wrt the suspension although a little concerned at the lower entry level at front grill and rear when venturing off the beaten track, has anyone found this an issue, Prestige beter entry at grill but no Dynamic suspension. I also wonder apart from the cosmetics between the Pure and Prestige is there anything structurally different with the cars as they will not fit the Dynamic type suspension on a Pure but will on a Prestige. Great looking cars though. Once above cleared up its on to colour schemes and find a buyer for my Freelander in x months time
11-03-2012 08:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Which model

Xenons should be available on Pure - get dealer to recheck.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-03-2012 08:29pm
Ianpembs

(11-03-2012 08:29pm)cjfp Wrote:  Xenons should be available on Pure - get dealer to recheck.

thanks will re try but they reckon that light supplier cannot keep up supply and they keeping stock for Dynamics and Prestige
11-03-2012 08:34pm
fenn05

(11-03-2012 08:29pm)cjfp Wrote:  Xenons should be available on Pure - get dealer to recheck.

They are def available on pure mode. Cost £710
11-03-2012 08:34pm
cjfp

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Pure-Pres...e+prestige

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Pure-vs-P...e+prestige

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Prestige-...e+prestige

(11-03-2012 08:34pm)fenn05 Wrote:  They are def available on pure mode. Cost £710

Yes, in general (i have them too) but don't forget that there was a period were you couldn't have them

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 08:37pm by cjfp.)
11-03-2012 08:35pm
Cedric

I like the exhaust on the Dynamic, but went for the prestige because I prefer the seats in them. The Xenons also make it look cool. I have never driven with them at night, but they're supposed to be a lot better. Looking forward to testing them.
12-03-2012 11:11am
pureevoque

They are great at night, better than other cars I've had with xenons to the point on country lanes I didn't need full beam

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
12-03-2012 11:42am
QueJumper

Which model

The bottom front apron on my Dynamic is already flaking paint and that's just from stone chips not off roading.

Personally I don't think the magnaride shocks are that great either. I prefer the handling in 'standard' mode.

I'm going to need a 5dr soon so will sell my 3dr Dynamic and my next one will be a 5dr Prestige with Lux pack. The only thing I noticed wrong was that you can't spec a black roof only silver? The black means that the pano roof looks all in one on the black contrast roof.

Now Sold - Small, clean, fun car mainly for me - Sd4 Dynamic Lux - White/Black roof

Still going strong - Big, dirty, fun car mainly for the wife, kids and dog - Disco 4 - Blue (with lots of mud outside, sweets & litter inside)
12-03-2012 01:52pm
j7david

(12-03-2012 01:52pm)QueJumper Wrote:  Personally I don't think the magnaride shocks are that great either. I prefer the handling in 'standard' mode.

The 'standard mode' is still magnaride if you have adaptive dynamics on your car.
12-03-2012 03:49pm
lngrn36

The halogens are acceptable if you cannot order them now. Maybe later before build time you can change them. Just a thought!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 04:48pm by lngrn36.)
12-03-2012 04:42pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply