Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where to get 1 x VPLVB0101 shipped to Australia?
JoBro

I'm wondering where the best place to get 1 x VPLVB0101 shipped to Australia?

I had a disagreement with the garage door, and the Evoque came out second best, Alto in Artarmon, Sydney want $517.96 + $145.00 to install it.

Duckworths have it for roughly $206 AUD, although they don't seem to have shipping to Australia as an option, i have emailed them and awaiting a response, and I'm thinking of installing it myself, as it can't be that hard.

Range Rover Evoque SD4 5 Door Dynamic Manual - Fuji White

Tech Pack, 20' Alloy Style 6, Pano Roof, 825w Meridian System, Adaptive Dynamics, Cold Climate Pack, Adaptive Lights, Automatic High Beam Assist, HomeLink, Park Assist, TPMS, Surround Camera, TV, Blind Spot Monitoring, Thinkware F770 Dashcam
26-02-2013 08:05am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Filski

Duckworth does ship, have just ordered roof rails myself. Shipping isn't cheap but all up it was less costly than buying at a dealer here.
26-02-2013 08:24am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
superfox

RE: Where to get 1 x VPLVB0101 shipped to Australia?

If I can say one thing.

Dan at Duckworth is the man. You'll be in the greatest of hands and all items are shipped with care to any place with a mailbox.

After spending 1/5 of the value of my car with Dan I felt safe and secure that I'd done the right thing. The Australia prices are ridiculous so I'm glad I found Dan that produces the best price and service around.

Very Happy

FOX Rolling Eyes

Drive: 4 WHL R/H FULL TIME DRIVE CAB style: 3 DOOR Series: 2.0 GTDIS PETROL 3DR SERIES Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS AWF21AWD Engine: 2.0L 16V TIVCT T/C 240PS GAS Colour:SUMATRA BLACK Trim:SATIN BRUSHED METAL
26-02-2013 01:20pm
JoBro

Re: Where to get 1 x VPLVB0101 shipped to Australia?

Duckworths replied, saying 59 pounds for shipping, which makes the whole part about $299 shipped.

Still less than half of what they want here in Australia!

Tech Pack, 20' Alloy Style 6, Pano Roof, 825w Meridian System, Adaptive Dynamics, Cold Climate Pack, Adaptive Lights, Automatic High Beam Assist, HomeLink, Park Assist, TPMS, Surround Camera, TV, Blind Spot Monitoring, Thinkware F770 Dashcam
26-02-2013 09:50pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

You can save on the installation charge as it looks to be quite a simple DIY job if you look at the video on YouTube
(This post was last modified: 26-02-2013 10:10pm by WB.)
26-02-2013 10:09pm
JoBro

That's what I was planning on doing Very Happy

26-02-2013 10:46pm
Jai

Dan at duckworthparts is great, ships to oz too
27-02-2013 12:43pm
JoBro

So the part arrived, and Dan was very helpful, although they only provide instructions for installing the item, there is nothing that shows you how to remove the old existing one.

I contacted Dan, who explained that he normally sells the part to people wishing to install it on their car, who don't already have one, and suggested i contact a smash repairer.

I contacted Alto's smash repairer in Artarmon, who said that they have never done one of these before, and it would need to be cut off, which would most likely damage the paint work of the wing and require the wing to be re-sprayed at roughly $300-$400!

Thinking about the incident itself, it makes sense that the glue is super strong, cause otherwise the garage door would of ripped it of the car, rather than taking two chunks out of it.

Expensive mistake!

Anyone got any ideas or experience in removing this from my car without damaging the wing's paint underneath?

12-03-2013 10:36pm
Filski

Hmmm, I wonder if the fishing line/ heat method used to remove lettering would soften the glue enough. Do a search on it anyway.

Does the new part come with adhesive already or do you need to find some?
12-03-2013 11:30pm
JoBro

Comes with double sided tape and a tube of glue.
13-03-2013 12:54am