Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where does the Evoque leave FL2
Zermatt Vulgaris

Where does the Evoque leave FL2

After seeing the evoque for the first time yesterday, could n't help but think that it has left FL2 in need of a serious freshen up.

FL2 missed the big MY10 facelifts that saw RRS and D4 move more up market in the inside , moving away from the chunky finish of the D3/ 1st generation RRS . The FL2 still has this chunky servicable interior which is dating badly and at the same time the competition ( for XS and HSE )in terms of Q5 and X3 have got a lot stiffer .

It seems strange that a model which was launched in 2007 has not seen a major interior upgrade.

For me the LR models need some thought as they are a bit of a mish mash - Defender (the icon), FL2 entry level into LR/RR, Discovery 4 (luxury 7 seater ) . All great products and outstanding off road but not a very coherent range at the moment.

Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6
12-09-2011 09:06am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Where does the Evoque leave FL2

F2 had it's facelift this year and looks even more like a D4 from the front than before. A local worthy in the village who has just changed his FFRR S/C for a Freelander2 HSE (the FFRR had one too many failures) I saw him at the village shop on Sunday morning where he was asking the owner whose the white car across the street was (MINE!) as he was desperate to see inside one. Shop keeper pointed him in my direction and the 3 of us went to do the show round.................. Impressed worthy advised me that he would be off to the dealership today and even if he has to pay £3000 over the odds he has to have a Coupe Dynamic Plus Lux in Fuji to run alongside the Freebie (the freebie is a farm vehicle and he wants a road car). I saw the same guy this afternoon and he hasn't ordered one............................... he's ordered 12! If they are good enough for him then they are good enough for his fellow directors and senior managers at his construction company, but he's still having to wait until December to see the first car of his order! His fellow directors are all going to loose their company FFRR's too!

Dear land Rover can I have some commission please?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-09-2011 06:17pm
defender_uk

I think you have had all your commission from LR when u picked up the first RRE!!!!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
12-09-2011 06:19pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zermatt Vulgaris

"F2 had it's facelift this year and looks even more like a D4 from the front than before ..."

Agreed Tim but the FL2 interior is unchanged post face lift and has not benefited from the upgrade package that D4/RRS has.

Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 06:24pm by Zermatt Vulgaris.)
12-09-2011 06:23pm
ytshome

(12-09-2011 06:17pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I saw the same guy this afternoon and he hasn't ordered one............................... he's ordered 12! If they are good enough for him then they are good enough for his fellow directors and senior managers at his construction company, but he's still having to wait until December to see the first car of his order! His fellow directors are all going to loose their company FFRR's too!

Dear land Rover can I have some commission please?

Hi XFFT, Just a thought but do you think that there is a chance that you've actually cost LR half a million in the lost revenue for the 12 FFRR they aren't now going to sell to replace the directors fleet......Dohhh! YT

PS. Tim, Mine should have been delivered on the 15th but it seems to be in build. Cheers YT

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
12-09-2011 07:53pm