Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cheers folks, new yank owner here
DB_NC_12RRE

Cheers folks, new yank owner here

Well, not EXACTLY new, got it in May.

This was my first occasion to look for and join a forum after the dealer tried to rape me for the rear cargo bay net
for something like US $ 130. WTF ?

A search on that part # led me here to find a post with another net (EOO500010PVJ) that I just ordered.

I've been for my first oil service, topped the coolant myself last night, and Friday I'm getting the bright silver side rails and aero cross bars put on so I can put 2 Thule Domestique bike carriers on it.

All I can say is this is one amazing vehicle. It's been up and down a mountain in western North Carolina, probably 40 degree dirt road with lots of switchbacks, it's been to the beach, it's been on a highway road trip, it's been up another mountain with paved roads.

I have never had an SUV or crossover or wagon or anything remotely like this vehicle (got it for my wife), my other cars are a 2006 Mini Cooper and 1995 Porsche Carrera coupe.

To quote Captain Slow, "I like your work Mrs. Beckham"

I forgot to mention, I had it loved on by a good local detailer who applied a product called Opti Coat.

Here's his writeup:

http://woowooo.wordpress.com/2012/07/15/...-coat-2-0/

2012 Indus Silver/Almond Pure 5-door, Plus Package, Climate Comfort, Sirius, HDD Nav
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2012 07:51pm by DB_NC_12RRE.)
30-10-2012 07:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

RE: Cheers folks, new yank owner here

Welcome DB! nice to see another N/A owner on here.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
30-10-2012 08:38pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Cheers folks, new yank owner here

Welcome to the forum DB_NC_12RRE

(30-10-2012 07:39pm)DB_NC_12RRE Wrote:  topped the coolant myself last night
Shocked

Loosing coolant in a 6 month old car - I think you need to take it to the service bay and get that checked out under warranty. Oil being used in a new engine i could accept, but not loosing coolant

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2012 11:10pm by XFullFatTim.)
30-10-2012 11:09pm