Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whatcolorsfor ambient lights?
Eddy

Whatcolorsfor ambient lights?

Hello everybody,

I know that there are 5 different colors for the interior lighting.

White - red - blue - ?? - ??

Who knows what other colors can be chosen?

Thanks.

On order: SD 5d Pure , Fuji White, Ebony leather, 18" style 2, Clear View Pack, Tech Pack, Tow bar, spare wheel, Satnav: what does a man need more....
28-07-2012 07:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deaky

RE: Whatcolorsfor ambient lights?

Well its sort of Red - Pink - White - Pale Blue - Blue but they're all fairly dim. Also doesn't matter what colour they're set to they all go red when in dynamic mode
28-07-2012 08:26pm
WB
WB

They really are very poor and barely visible especially the ones in the door cards. A shame as it should have been a very nice feature.
28-07-2012 08:44pm
ED209

To be honest the ambient lighting is crap, the vauxhall astras take on it is better (and i am being serious)

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
28-07-2012 11:25pm
invoke

In my car the only place I notice ambient light is the triangular well in the middle console and the tiny led on inside door handle (not door opening latch).

Is this the same with everyone?

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
29-07-2012 04:59am
cousin.it

(29-07-2012 04:59am)invoke Wrote:  In my car the only place I notice ambient light is the triangular well in the middle console and the tiny led on inside door handle (not door opening latch).

Is this the same with everyone?

That's all I've noticed too.

When I was car shopping in the Fall I looked at the Ford Edge and Explorer before I saw an Evoque. The Ford's have ambient accent lighting too now, but it is more pronounced. In particular, the foot wells on the driver's and front passenger areas and I have to say I really like the faint red LED illumination down there around the pedals. I've already had a time or two at night where I tried to see down around the pedals in my Evoque and couldn't. I spent a little time looking at those ambient lighting add-on kits that are all over eBay. I just wish there was an expansion kit for the LR that would maintain the color options and adjustments.
29-07-2012 06:03am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

My last car was the BIG DADDY Range Rover and that had ambient lighting all over the place and it was way too bright and only dim-able / adjustable by a small amount and also only brilliant LED white. I don't have a problem with the RRE's although I dislike the colours and leave it set to white all the time except when using the Dynamic Setting of the TR. Yes there could be a few more LED's but mine lights up the empty space behind the centre console/ below the dash as well as the door cards

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-07-2012 06:47pm