Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What would you do...if they didn't fit your standard camera
Lookers Park Royal

RE: What would you do...if they didn't fit your standard camera

If it's any comfort, we are in the top three Evoque dealerships in the UK as far is volume is concerned, and we only have one affected vehicle (as far as the report from LR is concerned).

I have been with the brand for 11 years and this sort of occourance is very rare; I can only recall one other instance which was heated seats missing from a small handful of Freelander 2 XS's.

Fortunately (and thankfully) our vehicle is not a sold order, therefore when we are ready to sell it (showroom display vehicle), then it will be sold appropriately.

I think the probability of being affected is very small indeed, but appreciate that just one disappointed customer is one too many.

James Smile
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 09:14pm by Lookers Park Royal.)
17-09-2011 09:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

Must be the apprentice cars. Laughing

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
17-09-2011 09:16pm
Jonathon555

(17-09-2011 09:07pm)ytshome Wrote:  
(17-09-2011 09:03pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Just ask them to sort the problem , before I accept the car

I think the jist of what LR are saying is that it can't be retro-fitted. cheers

Thats just piss poor

Normally the wiring loom for additional options is already in the car, I just can't see why it can't be retrofitted

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
17-09-2011 09:16pm
cjfp

Porsche looms are built for the car spec and cause problems when u want to retro-fit items.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-09-2011 09:21pm
Jonathon555

(17-09-2011 09:21pm)cjfp Wrote:  Porsche looms are built for the car spec and cause problems when u want to retro-fit items.

Bmw's & Audi appear to be already all in

Sometimes it's a case of just buying switches
(17-09-2011 09:21pm)cjfp Wrote:  Porsche looms are built for the car spec and cause problems when u want to retro-fit items.

Bmw's & Audi appear to be already all in

Sometimes it's a case of just buying switches

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 09:25pm by Jonathon555.)
17-09-2011 09:24pm
griff

Just rely on sales of goods act and stop mucking around.

Quote: If you have bought something on the basis of the seller’s description or a sample, you should expect the item to conform exactly to that description or sample. If it does not, you have the right to reject the goods, demand a full refund and possibly claim damages. This is still the case even where you have selected or examined the items for yourself before buying them.
Happy days
Cheers
Griff

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
17-09-2011 09:26pm
cjfp

Apparently the Macassa tree has become endangered and they are now using either 5ply or MDF instead!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-09-2011 09:29pm
ytshome

(17-09-2011 09:13pm)Lookers Park Royal Wrote:  If it's any comfort, we are in the top three Evoque dealerships in the UK as far is volume is concerned, and we only have one affected vehicle (as far as the report from LR is concerned).

James Smile

Thanks James I've sent an email to you rather than a pm. Cheers Steve

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
17-09-2011 09:36pm
griff

(17-09-2011 09:29pm)cjfp Wrote:  Apparently the Macassa tree has become endangered and they are now using either 5ply or MDF instead!
Nothing like a nice bit of MDF Laughing

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
17-09-2011 09:45pm
Tekno
Banned

Really don't know what I'd do - I'm getting my Dynamic sometime next week so we'll see!

The biggest concern is if something so obvious as a reversing camera is completely missing, what else might have been missed?

Getting money back is one thing but what about resale?
(17-09-2011 09:26pm)griff Wrote:  Just rely on sales of goods act and stop mucking around.

Quote: If you have bought something on the basis of the seller’s description or a sample, you should expect the item to conform exactly to that description or sample. If it does not, you have the right to reject the goods, demand a full refund and possibly claim damages. This is still the case even where you have selected or examined the items for yourself before buying them.

Isn't it slightly different when something is built to order?
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2011 08:06am by Tekno.)
18-09-2011 08:03am