Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What tyres?
Acwats

RE: What tyres?

I've got 19" style 4s with Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Seasons.

They are not M&S and worryingly, according to Pirellis website are not good for snow.
I think this is an error on the website as the tyres have quite a few sipes on them and are branded as all seasons.

Pirelli weblink

Click on the Tyre Details tab and compare this with some of their other tyres.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2011 08:30pm by Acwats.)
09-11-2011 08:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Seems to suggest the Verde are the "Green" option good for the environment (like black rubber can be) and good for your mpg, doesnt look ideal for snow use, all season will be good for winter cold roads like 90% of the uk winter normally, but they make a seperate Scorpion ice and snow version for hard core winter use! UK leaves us in a difficult situation of how much investment for possibly a bad week or 2, if any at all!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-11-2011 11:46pm
Acwats

(10-11-2011 11:46pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Seems to suggest the Verde are the "Green" option good for the environment (like black rubber can be) and good for your mpg, doesnt look ideal for snow use, all season will be good for winter cold roads like 90% of the uk winter normally, but they make a seperate Scorpion ice and snow version for hard core winter use! UK leaves us in a difficult situation of how much investment for possibly a bad week or 2, if any at all!

Given I've managed every other winter with 2WD on tyres with no snow credentials I'm sure the Evoque will cope admirably this year on tyres that will only have covered about 2k miles. As I said in my previous post they do look to have some sipes designed into them - I think the website is inconsistent in its comparisons.

If it's not good (and I'm sure it will be) I'll invest next year.
This is more encouraging. Maybe my link above is not the all seasons version

More encouraging link!!

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2011 12:00am by Acwats.)
10-11-2011 11:53pm
PhilSkill

I'm actually going to do much the same for this winter make do as it'll be so new I'll probably avoid too much snow use if we have any, as its the others on the road that are the problem! Wink and give myself time to sort out tyre/wheel options once i'm settled in the car. As you say itll perform way better than my existing 2wd car and rubber band tyres.
Yes least that description says light snow and sipes, so sure they'll be fine! be interesting to see what tyres mine arrives on with 19"s. I notice the Scorpion Ice and snow come in 19 and 20" sizes to suit the Evoque!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2011 12:13am by PhilSkill.)
11-11-2011 12:00am
mark_n

(09-11-2011 10:05am)Daigriff Wrote:  Seems to be a bit of a lottery. Were the Tyres you received the same as stated on your order form?

When I visited the factory, I was told they put on whatever is cheap and available. Reassuringly slap-dash.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-11-2011 05:37am
griff

@ Acwats
That's interesting - I have the Pirelli Verde 19" on my Prestige and they have the M+S symbol on and are labelled all season.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
11-11-2011 10:34am
Acwats

@griff

You are right! Mine have the leters M+S in one place after the size, I must pay more attention

I was in a dealers this morning and the FL2 in there had Scorpion Zeros on and they look more like a traditional snow tyre. On the Pirelli website the zeros get a 1 rating for snow?

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2011 07:34pm by Acwats.)
11-11-2011 07:33pm