Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's wrong with yours?
mark_n

RE: What's wrong with yours?

Cruise control is also cancelled when you press the brake or (if you have one) clutch pedal. The dealer is being useless if they think an intermittent switch is going to generate a fault code - a classic example of a minimally trained idiot who has no understanding. This'd switch packs can be changed independently of the steering wheel, so if the cruise control doesn't immediately respond to a single click, take it in. Might just be a loose connector.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2014 04:16am by mark_n.)
18-06-2014 04:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

Thanks guys I've booked my car with Lookers to have a look at the DAB radio now. One other odd thing happened recently systems decided to do a reset not sure how because I lost all my SAT NAV history and stored addresses Sad country setting got changed to.

Has anyone had this on their car ?

(18-06-2014 04:16am)mark_n Wrote:  Cruise control is also cancelled when you press the brake or (if you have one) clutch pedal. The dealer is being useless if they think an intermittent switch is going to generate a fault code - a classic example of a minimally trained idiot who has no understanding. This'd switch packs can be changed independently of the steering wheel, so if the cruise control doesn't immediately respond to a single click, take it in. Might just be a loose connector.

I think that is normal when you apply the brake it stops cruise control that happens on mine to. Hence the Resume button I think. As it automatically takes the car back to the speed you had cruise control set to.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2014 10:34am by fam1x.)
18-06-2014 10:29am
Jeroma

(18-06-2014 04:16am)mark_n Wrote:  Cruise control is also cancelled when you press the brake or (if you have one) clutch pedal. The dealer is being useless if they think an intermittent switch is going to generate a fault code - a classic example of a minimally trained idiot who has no understanding. This'd switch packs can be changed independently of the steering wheel, so if the cruise control doesn't immediately respond to a single click, take it in. Might just be a loose connector.
------------------------
Correct Mark, The resume and cancel switches work fine and the switches work fine when activating the cruise control from off position.
In my previous car I was used to drive on motorways with cruise control to increase or decrease the speed, what in general took place highest gear. On 12 hour trips it gives some rest to the right foot.
This impossible in my Evoque, very frustrating

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
18-06-2014 05:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Jean, my finding with the cruise control +/- button is that one click will increase/ decrease speed by aprox 1mph in a UK car, to increase more then clcik it more times, to disengage one click is enough to disengage it, you would only need to press a tiny amount on the clutch pedal to disengage as you have a manual gearbox. On the auto's the cruise control will allow the gearbox to change gears whie in cruise mode and if you hold the + button it will also drop gears to accelerate the car if you hold it long enough.
If you have the HDC on then use of the +/- will adjust the speed that th car is allowed to travel before HDC controls the descent (Off Road Cruise control if you like!)

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-06-2014 06:59am
tetstb

(07-06-2014 04:16pm)THEMACS Wrote:  I can't believe you still have yours, you have had problems since day one! Surely it's time to put it out of its misery, and put you out of yours!!

Id love to get rid of it but I am tied into a leasing agreement as I contract hire it through my business. The day and hour it goes i'll throw a party.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
20-06-2014 12:38pm
Jeroma

(19-06-2014 06:59am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Jean, my finding with the cruise control +/- button is that one click will increase/ decrease speed by aprox 1mph in a UK car, to increase more then clcik it more times, to disengage one click is enough to disengage it, you would only need to press a tiny amount on the clutch pedal to disengage as you have a manual gearbox. On the auto's the cruise control will allow the gearbox to change gears whie in cruise mode and if you hold the + button it will also drop gears to accelerate the car if you hold it long enough.
If you have the HDC on then use of the +/- will adjust the speed that th car is allowed to travel before HDC controls the descent (Off Road Cruise control if you like!)
-----------------------------------------------
On the Continental cars every click is supposed to increase/decrease the speed by 2kmh I say is supposed because it's just that what does not happen quite often

I just checked again this morning, drove down a long straight with no traffic at the time. Switched the cruise control from 90kmh up to 100kmh. The speed was increased by 5 clicks without problem up to 100kmh. Upon reaching 100 kmh I decreased with 5 clicks to go back to 90, but surprise nothing happend the car just continued at 100kmh untill I cancelled with the CNL switch. The car slowed down and when applying the resume switch it accellerated back to 100kmh.

I just wonder if this situation is unique to my car.

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
20-06-2014 03:52pm
m_101

I wonder if your reduce speed button - is faulty?

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
20-06-2014 08:03pm
Jeroma

(20-06-2014 08:03pm)m_101 Wrote:  I wonder if your reduce speed button - is faulty?
----------------------------------
This was just an example I gave and what I checked yesterday.

Unfortunately the situation occurs on both switches....UP and DOWN... rather irregular but every day and that's what's so frustrating, you can't trust the function anymore it's totally unreliable.
On the other side the Cancel/Resume switches work perfectly

The point is, and many of you have probably experienced this, it's a kind of phantom problem and dealers show a rather reluctant approach to it.
Jean

21-06-2014 10:24am
ChuckieB

(21-06-2014 10:24am)Jeroma Wrote:  ----------------------------------
This was just an example I gave and what I checked yesterday.

Unfortunately the situation occurs on both switches....UP and DOWN... rather irregular but every day and that's what's so frustrating, you can't trust the function anymore it's totally unreliable.
On the other side the Cancel/Resume switches work perfectly

The point is, and many of you have probably experienced this, it's a kind of phantom problem and dealers show a rather reluctant approach to it.
Jean

How fast are you trying to click the shifter? Play station speed or something more leisurely?

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
(This post was last modified: 22-06-2014 12:19am by ChuckieB.)
22-06-2014 12:17am
Jeroma

(22-06-2014 12:17am)ChuckieB Wrote:  
How fast are you trying to click the shifter? Play station speed or something more leisurely?
-----------------------------------------------------
I do it the way I have done it for more than 25 years with my previous cars, in a "leisurely" way...
Anyhow my playstations are Classic British Sports cars.... no problems with cruise control Very Happy

22-06-2014 08:37pm