Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's the value...
Token

What's the value...

Hey guys

I'm considering either selling my Evoque or giving it to my good lady as lack of boot space is sadly becoming a little bit of a pain.

If I were to sell, what do you guys reckon it would be worth?

It's an SD4 3-dr Dynamic in Orkney Grey with black interior and 16k miles on it (registered 8th November last year).

It has pretty much every extra apart from RSE and Dynamic Plus seats...cost £47,500.

I've been offered £35k in Part Ex which seems quite low but perhaps realistic for trade-in?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
10-09-2012 05:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: What's the value...

I suspect the miles will count against you, that's a lot for a 9 month old car Token.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-09-2012 06:20pm
CKS

Thats a big hit considering the premium most dealers seem to be asking, mileage as you say should count but not to that extent, give it another 12 months and i think priced will start fall alot more than they have been
10-09-2012 06:26pm
IKM

Is that a trade in price for another LR or another brand? The reason I ask is that in the past I've always received the best trade in price when trading in a LR for another LR.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 06:58pm by IKM.)
10-09-2012 06:49pm
mark_n

Yes, 16k, a lot of miles, needs a service, will soon need some tyres, brake pads and discs maybe half worn.

That said, still something like 75p per mile depreciation. Improvement on an Aston Martin I saw which has depreciated £50k over 3000 miles, about £1 for every 100 yards travelled.

There's a lesson though that the gadgets added at purchase time with furious box ticking don't count for much at resale time.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-09-2012 08:12am
WB
WB

Token, how many dealers have you tried - I think they're taking the p*** and trying to make a (huge) quick buck at your expense.

My advice would be sell privately if you can and if not then hunt around a few more dealers.
11-09-2012 08:53am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I think the best thing would be to give it to your good lady and let here run it for another 3 years, at least that way you won't give somebody the pleasure of ripping you off on the part-ex valuation

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-09-2012 09:20am
Token

Cheers for the advice guys.

Trading it in against a Vogue, so was hoping they'd do me a better price. Just gone on to webuyanycar and they have offered just over £37k which is interesting. If I can then get the garage I want the Vogue from to drop their price by £1k then the cost to change will be £3k against a 2010 Vogue Autobiography with 23k miles on the clock.

So although I will be losing £11k on my car in 9 months, in reality that money has already gone...and I am effectively swapping a car that was £50k a year ago for a car that was probably £70k+ two years ago. Doesn't feel so bad.

Sure I would get more privately, but not sure it would be a huge amount more.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
11-09-2012 09:56am
IKM

@Token,
Sounds like a good plan to me. All the best.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
11-09-2012 10:11am
Daigriff

Sounds better When you put it like that Token.

I also think the fact it's a coupe has hit residuals. 5 doors seem to hold their price a bit better.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
11-09-2012 05:02pm