What is it with the Panoramic roof
DynamicRRV

RE: What is it with the Panoramic roof

I paid the original price too.... Which was nice
04-12-2011 07:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

(04-12-2011 07:23pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  I paid the original price too.... Which was nice

Yep mine was $1,035 AUD when ordered mine

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
05-12-2011 03:54am
deebabe2004

(05-12-2011 03:54am)Barneyridge Wrote:  Yep mine was $1,035 AUD when ordered mine

Same here Smile

Soon to be the proud owners of a Baby Rangie!

Pure - TD4 Manual - Fuji - 20" Silver Sparkle Style 6 - Ebony Leather & Ebony headliner - Tech Pack - Clearview Pack & Pano Roof - Rear Vents, Paint & Interior protection, Tint

05-12-2011 03:56am
bwaadass

Having owned my Evoque for 2 weeks, I am perfectly happy without the panoramic roof. I didn’t order it because:

1) More privacy (when sitting in traffic I don’t want to feel like I'm giving the van/lorry driver behind a great view of the whole cabin).
2) More rear headroom when the blind is closed (which I think it would be most of the time – see 1).
3) Saves weight (improves handling?).
4) Stronger (improves handling?).
5) Less to malfunction (electric motor).
6) Rarely carry passengers in the rear.
7) Saved £400 (now £800).

Not too worried about re-sale value as I plan to keep this car for many, many years. I love it!!
05-12-2011 12:11pm
DynamicRRV

2) More rear headroom when the blind is closed (which I think it would be most of the time – see 1).

Mine has NEVER BEEN CLOSED NOT ONCE!
05-12-2011 05:44pm
Evoqess

There is a blind!? What the ...... Hehe. Yes, never need to close it at this time of the year in these latitudes. Absolute joy to have all the daylight flooding in.

And I simply do not buy the "improved handling" from reduced weight, structural rigidity argument. For this higher riding 4x4 vehicle that is. Might be demonstrable in a physics lab but not humanly noticeable in any of my test drives on identical roads.
Splitting hairs I think and a case of people trying to justify their choice.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
05-12-2011 08:43pm
speary

(02-12-2011 03:31pm)griff Wrote:  They did change the thickness apparently but even the Earls Court cars were preproduction. I just think that people have a habit of making a mountain out of a molehill. We do have warrenty anyway.

Maybe if you only ever drive over a molehill it will be fine, but driving over those mountains, beware cracked roofs Smile

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
06-12-2011 02:37pm
ytshome

To throw my two penneth in I'd just say that in my ideal spec I would definitely have the pan-roof and that is from someone who has actively avoided traditional sunroofs in the past.

Mine hasn't got one and I never feel confined or in any way lacking natural light. When I buy my next Evoque or maybe even the Grande Evoque it probably will have one but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. As for residuals I do think ones with pan roofs will sell more strongly but they've got to achieve £800 more in the first place, so realistically Im not too sure the gap will be significant when that is considered.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
06-12-2011 05:27pm
Blackseries

As I slip into my calming Zen environment everyday .....my question would be why wouldn't you spec it ..... it makes the car (IMO).

Also just to add all the cars at my dealer that are currently unsold (3) ...... don't have a Pano roof.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
06-12-2011 09:09pm
Evo-king

(06-12-2011 09:09pm)Blackseries Wrote:  As I slip into my calming Zen environment everyday .....my question would be why wouldn't you spec it ..... it makes the car (IMO).

Also just to add all the cars at my dealer that are currently unsold (3) ...... don't have a Pano roof.

You mean they've got some for sale, what are they?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
06-12-2011 09:36pm