Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is best?
jd563

What is best?

I have just got my Evoque this weekend and wondering what is best to keep it in top condition, as I have noticed that on the black trim along the window line you can soon see small swirls.

My vehicle is a Fuji white with blacked out windows what what should I be using to polish and seal the vehicle to (a) get rid of the swirls on the black gloss trim, (b) on the body work.

What does everyone recommend?

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door, Fuji White, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Vortex Ebony Interior, Ebony Morzine headlining. Ordered October 2011, Delivered April 2012 Very Happy
30-04-2012 10:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrHooky

Re: What is best?

I had this same problem. Loads of swirls after the first wash and I was being careful. I used G techniq P1 by hand and it did a very good job. Worth a look. Used a hard foam polishing sponge and seemed to come out quickly.

I'm yet to detail and seal the car properly as the weather is so rubbish at the moment but plan on putting a sealent like FK1000P on everything bar the glass...

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
(This post was last modified: 30-04-2012 10:17am by MrHooky.)
30-04-2012 10:16am
doug

RE: What is best?

Have a look at this. http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Best-wax-...Fuji-white

As for the gloss black plastic. I'm still running some tests on a some old gloss plastic for the best way to treat & seal. But it's looking like Menzerna FF3000 (finishing compound, which was very little cutting action) using a DA machine & a finishing pad to remove light swirl marks. Gtechinq P1 is too coarse & P2 still left machine marks. Plastic headlight restoreing products are fine on clear plastic but this soft gloss finish plastic which most cars have now ( just try cleaning a Audi front grille Evil ) are too soft for this type of product.
Haven't come up with any way as yet to treat the trim by hand which still doesn't show cop webbing under a sun gun.
As for looking after the plastic, lambs wool mitt for washing & super soft drying towel etc....

I always remember seeing a Evoque in my local dealers showroom on the first day, under some GU10 lights. Thinking to myself s##t, the swirling looked like a record ,why have RR used this type if finish on a high end vehicle made to go off road.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 30-04-2012 10:53am by doug.)
30-04-2012 10:50am