Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best wax/sealent for Fuji white?
MrHooky

Picking the Evoque up next Monday and wanting to make sure I get a layer of wax or sealant on straight away to keep it looking its best.

The product I like most of late is FK1000P which is a synthetic sealant which is incredibly durable and easy to apply. I'm thinking quick wash and clay, very light hand polish then try and get two coats of FK1000P on.

Any suggest any other products which are good for white paint (preferably durable) or does the above sound like a reasonable prep?

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
26-03-2012 10:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Best wax/sealent for Fuji white?

Your products choose sounds good to me. White or silver are these colours that it's hard to get a really deep gloss wet look finish on. I take it your looking for a finish which will last for 6 months? There are products out there that will give more pop to the paint, but having a solid paint finish I would stick to your plan. Just make sure the paint is highly polished before applying the sealant, for the best finish possible.

Dodo juice diamond White is a hard wax made for White cars.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2012 11:08pm by doug.)
26-03-2012 11:05pm
Rootsboy

Yep I have 1000p on my car to and still looks great 3 months on. Ient my polishing gear and finish kare to my mate who done his black x5. And that also came out super bling.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
28-03-2012 08:10am
MrHooky

(28-03-2012 08:10am)Rootsboy Wrote:  Yep I have 1000p on my car to and still looks great 3 months on. Ient my polishing gear and finish kare to my mate who done his black x5. And that also came out super bling.

Excellent to hear you've done the same. Do you have a machine polisher? I'm going to be claying/polishing by hand, figured I don't need a machine as I'm hoping there should be little/no imperfections so a light hand polish plus a couple of layers of FK should do the trick.

Longevity the key for me and FK1000P I know works well. As much as I enjoy cleaning and detailing cars just don't have the time to be faffing around week in week out...

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
28-03-2012 10:56pm
Rootsboy

yes i kind of got into this whole detailing thing on waiting for the arrival of my new evoque. it was my first new car for a long time and most expensive so i wanted to go all out and try and look after it as much as possible, which is difficult here in spain with the sun, dust and poor parking skills.
the other drivers i can do nothing about, but while looking into keeping the car protected by new waxes and seleants i got hooked and slowly built up my equipment to get involved when my car arrived and also started to practice on my old one.

so in the end i did buy a DA polisher knowing that to get the best out of any product you stick over it, the paint had better be clean and looking its best.

i did collect my car from the dealers and asked it not to be washed and i did the job myself, spending what felt like way to long getting it ready. ie cleaning, claying polishing and sealing.
during this time i worked out how easy it was to apply the gtechnic products i had brought to protect the plastic and wheels. and even though i am very happy with the FK 1000P. i am waiting for the new C+ to come out and probably redo my car and stick this product on instead as its also meant to have some slight scratch protection and after seeing how easy the black door pillars are to get swirls and scratches on, i am up for giving it a go.

back to the FK1000p, yes it is pretty easy to put on and will last years, as you hardly use any out of a massive tin, but i would give the car a good wash then clay first and then maybe a diluted 1/3 IPA to water wipe down to make sure any other products left are removed, before putting on the FK1000p.

its up to you about if you want to polish the car or not, just have a good look at the paint work and see if it needs it, you could just do a few panels at a time, i have not used any yet, but i have heard good things about gtechniq P1 for hand polishing.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
30-03-2012 12:24pm
doug

P1 is great removing marks in paint work. but for new paint I would use P2, this will polish the surface without cutting. Both are water based so if your masking up around trim areas isn't very good, it just washes off with water.

30-03-2012 04:23pm
lesdon499

Hi Guys

I applied Werkstatt Acrylic kit to mine and it came up a treat. Excellent beading and sheeting and once a week I apply Werkstatt Glos.

Hope this helps

Les

Dynamic SD4 unbadged
Fuji White
Style 6 wheels
Panoramic roof
MassiveVery Happy
30-03-2012 06:07pm
doug

(30-03-2012 06:07pm)lesdon499 Wrote:  Hi Guys

I applied Werkstatt Acrylic kit to mine and it came up a treat. Excellent beading and sheeting and once a week I apply Werkstatt Glos.

Hope this helps

Les

Werkstatt is on my list to try out, how was it to apply & wipe off?

30-03-2012 07:01pm
Sarcastrix

This is what I'm thinking, comments welcome.

Wash car with Meguiars Hyper wash.
Clay with AG Surface Detailing Clay Kit
Wash car again & dry
Apply one coat of AG SRP
Apply coat of FK1000p and wait half hour and re-apply second coat.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 09:07pm by Sarcastrix.)
30-03-2012 09:06pm
MrHooky

Re: RE: Best wax/sealent for Fuji white?

(30-03-2012 04:23pm)doug Wrote:  P1 is great removing marks in paint work. but for new paint I would use P2, this will polish the surface without cutting. Both are water based so if your masking up around trim areas isn't very good, it just washes off with water.

Can you layer FK1000p on top of P1 or P2? Liking the sound of those for being water based. SRP leaves horrid marks which could be a pain to get off the plastic bumper surrounds.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
(30-03-2012 09:06pm)Sarcastrix Wrote:  This is what I'm thinking, comments welcome.

Wash car with Meguiars Hyper wash.
Clay with AG Surface Detailing Clay Kit
Wash car again & dry
Apply one coat of AG SRP
Apply coat of FK1000p and wait half hour and re-apply second coat.

Was similar to what I was going to do. I have FK215 and SRP but would be doing by hand so latter may be better. To be honest if paint looks ok, and given it's harder to see swirls in white paint I may skip the polishing step!

Still going to buy some P1/P2. Can't stop buying detailing products!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Delivered 19/04/12
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 09:51pm by MrHooky.)
30-03-2012 09:45pm