Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does yours feel like?
benzina

RE: What does yours feel like?

The Pro's
Feels solid,smooth,very quiet,and just feels exotic and special even driving straight at low speeds,which is the way i judge for the sign of a good car. Has feel good factor in spades!
The Con's
High waist line and large exterior mirrors, makes for restrictive forward down vision. Quite a bit of the lower positioned cabin plastics (the parts you don't normally touch) are just plain hard,and should have been soft touch like you find all over the RRS. Strangely,they have put a slab of this better quality soft touch plastic under the steering column.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2012 07:38am by benzina.)
26-11-2012 04:26am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have found that the best way to see out is to avoid the BMW sun lounger driving position that I see many people (especially younger males) using and now have the seat set high and the back fairly upright - no problems seeing over the bonnet and over the wing mirrors, I'm also 5'7" short. I'm used to driving mobile greenhouses in the form of FFRR's, Defenders and RRS's and have no issues whatsoever with visibility out of the Evoque.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2012 10:13am by XFullFatTim.)
26-11-2012 10:12am
benzina

For me,i'm 5'10'', i set my driving position to be about what would be considered normal in overall adjustment range. I just put some of the visibility issues down to an exterior design of form overtaking some function, and at the end of the day,it's why we all love the shape soooo much...a bit like driving a high riding Lambo, and i wouldn't have it any other way.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2012 02:17pm by benzina.)
26-11-2012 12:15pm
SuH

What does yours feel like?

I find it a really easy drive. The vision where the mirrors are is restricted but nearly every car I've had there's been some sort of view restriction. Last was Nissan 370Z, vision was restricted just about everywhere and noisy but that baby was glued to the road going around corners. The Evoque was a dream to drive after that, "very smooth" was my first comment, nice and quiet too and I just slide onto the seat, the perfect height. I can almost drive on auto pilot so that means I am really comfortable and confident driving it.
26-11-2012 12:58pm
Straydox

(25-11-2012 06:57pm)Straydox Wrote:  I've forgotten what driving an Evoque feels like, just about to complete my 5th week in a 62 plate RR Sport loaner - which drives surprisingly well for a small barge. There was a suggestion half way through last week that I'll get the Evoque back this week and I'm rather looking forward to getting re-acquainted.

Got the Evoque back this evening - a complete joy to drive, quick, nimble and just plain fun - still one annoying creak though and no still no POIs on the Satnav. It looks like LR are going to replace the whole vehicle now - I still prefer the Evoque even though I could probably walk away at this point.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
27-11-2012 12:16am