Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does yours feel like?
Evo-king

I was reading another thread, where PhilSkill mentioned " I drive quite a few other cars that are very "easy drive" cars"

I too drive several other vehicles and always look forward to getting back into the Evoque.

The main thing that I notice when driving the Evoque, is how solid it feels in both build and ride in a very BMW way, plus I love the elevated driving position.

This makes me feel very comfortable and secure when driving.

Do any of you feel the same or are there other aspects that stand out for you?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
24-11-2012 10:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IKM

RE: What does yours feel like?

I don't feel either as elevated, comfortable or secure as I am in the Freelander, or when I've recently taken a RRS out for an extended test drive. Perhaps an unfair comparison. RRE's better though than many other cars. Still making up my mind one year on whether to change it for another model of Landrover. Not concerned about mpg. Looking forward to seeing the posts to your thread.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 24-11-2012 10:52pm by IKM.)
24-11-2012 10:46pm
J77

Well I spend my whole day behind the wheel of double deckers, so when I get behind the wheel of my Evoque it feels great. Having said that, I don't get that same 'command driving position' of other LRs, that's something I miss. I would like to get a more 'Range Rover' experience from the Evoque, especially from pure, a choice of wooden veneers, grand lacquer trim that sort of thing rather than aluminium or ehh....... aluminium.

Overall though it's a nice place to be at the end of the day.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 24-11-2012 11:07pm by J77.)
24-11-2012 11:06pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes I miss the elevated driving position of my previous Range and Land rovers, but I can swop to the Defender to get my "over the hedgerow" views.
I do miss the tidal wave of torque that the TDv8's I owned had but then I love the way I can chuck the Evoque around without it feeling like it is going to fall over on a fast set of bends. You win some and you loose some trading down.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-11-2012 12:01am
EpicEvo

I drive a 44ton double decker truck most days... Ill never feel as big in the evoque Smile
25-11-2012 12:11am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes the Evoque is much more nimble than my work vehicle too - 0-25mph in 3 hours - 400m turning circle - wading depth is never a problem though unless the water is less than 6m deep!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-11-2012 12:16am
timhum

I enjoy driving it a great deal but it does drive like a truck when compared with my Golf GTi
25-11-2012 12:38am
PhilSkill

It feels like a sports car compared with a Renault Espace Grande, which is far bigger and waddles around corners, but seems any gear will do anytime within reason (thay all provide minimal accel Laughing ). But then it feels like a big sporty monster truck after driving the Mazda for example, always amazes me how I crouch down into a car now, rather than step up into the Evoque even thou physically its not much higher. Down side of the Evoque is the vision, cornering around a kerb can sometimes seem like guesswork and mirrors do block some vision, the Espace mirrors are 1/4 the size. Evoque easily feels the best quality and most solid and planted of the stuff I get to drive daily.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-11-2012 01:01am
mark_n

Driving down a streaming wet A1 from Peterborough last evening, the Evoque was peerless, rock solid and not once did I feel it twitch. My ageing Ferrari would have been a total nightmare and I would have been doing, maybe, 40 mph in the inside lane.

I realise too the Evoque is much more nimble than a lumbering FFRR or RR Sport. The newer lighter models may help close the gap and I would certainly like to see a higher powered more sports-oriented version of he Evoque.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 25-11-2012 05:57am by mark_n.)
25-11-2012 05:56am
Straydox

I've forgotten what driving an Evoque feels like, just about to complete my 5th week in a 62 plate RR Sport loaner - which drives surprisingly well for a small barge. There was a suggestion half way through last week that I'll get the Evoque back this week and I'm rather looking forward to getting re-acquainted.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
25-11-2012 06:57pm