Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painting neighbours fence...
ceebee

Painting neighbours fence...

Sarcastrix, spot-on with your description above. The guy who drew up my plans knew about it so I was aware from the start and the plans were drawn accordingly.

The issue now is that the local council were not as fully aware as they maybe should have been which has caused some degree of confusion as the water authority have inspected the site and said that the are fine with the location of the pipes/ manholes, but the council have asked for the drains to be moved again......

I am just wondering who has the final say? Is it the council building control or the water authority?

Any advice would be welcome?

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 08:59am by ceebee.)
13-03-2012 08:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lngrn36

RE: Painting neighbours fence...

(12-03-2012 07:57pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  Thats not strictly accurate but it gives a better idea than the actual situation.

It's my fence, and I've coughed up just shy of £500 for 6 panels and 2 replacement posts (1 caused by their shed collapsing on it Rolling Eyes ).
I'm in the process of painting both sides 'forest green' to match the rest of our fencing.

My neighbour came up to me and told me not to bother as they're going to paint it brown Shocked

Now I get on with the neighbours, so I said I'd rather not have it painted brown as it'll run through and then I'll be pretty unhappy, and my missus will just have a go at me!
So, I said that ordinarily it wouldn't be a problem, but we are pretty nervous about it but he said that his missus would be insisting.

The conversation ended there, but I'm not really very happy... they rent the house next door so it should be fairly cut and dry. But I just don't want friction caused over this CryingCrying

What say the masses? Stand my groud (after all I am painting their side too)
or
let them paint it, and potentially face the wrath of the misses, and god help them if it runs through Shocked

(I know I know, my life is just so complicated at the moment! Laughing )

Maybe you should let the missus engage them in some conversation and you just step in when she needs you to back her up!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
13-03-2012 01:46pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ceebee

Now.

I like Forest Green fences, but I also like S**te brown fences?

But which is best?

Only one way to find out.

FIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHHHTTTTTTT

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
13-03-2012 03:45pm
Donny Dog

(13-03-2012 03:45pm)ceebee Wrote:  Now.

I like Forest Green fences, but I also like S**te brown fences?

But which is best?

Only one way to find out.

FIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHHHTTTTTTT

Many a true word.........
13-03-2012 03:54pm
RacingSnake

@ceebee

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
13-03-2012 04:04pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply