Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What did they do...
PhilSkill

What did they do...

I was taking a little stroll for Lunch when one of these caught my eye in the Car Park (it hurt too). White in Electric Blue trimmings.

Will have some pictures tomorrow, had to grab a colleagues camera...

I can tell you this doesn't look good in the real, the parts just seemed poorer quality replacements to the bits that were on origionally and all too over blinged and bulbous, maybe it's "done a bit" and not at it's best but to me anyway it just wasn't pleasing to the eye.

Rear spoiler that's over the top, and Blue trim even on the bonnet vents and side vents etc looked horrid. Diffuser was too large (and too blue) and exhaust tips looked a bit cheap.

http://www.evoque-dakar.com/startech-spe...icles.html

Maybe it's really well tuned and would leave mine standing... but frankly i'd like it to get out of my sight as soon as possible Laughing

Funny enough a few people that know me passed and all said, you haven't have you... really... That's not yours is it... No... thank god.

I don't mean to offend and maybe it's for you, but certainly not for me.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 02:47pm by PhilSkill.)
03-09-2013 02:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: What did they do...

Strange that it looks poor quality as JE Engineering are well known for their high quality conversions, must be the Startec bits that look poor - not so long ago some of the bits Kahn used were pretty low quality despite the prices charged but they have really upped their game in the last couple of years and now the cars look "finished" instead of having gaping panel gaps where the add on bits were poorly stuck on.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-09-2013 04:01pm
PhilSkill

Yes it's the Startech bits that just don't look quite right, the main panels, wings, bumpers look ok, just the trimming that's been colour coded doesn't look quite in alignment or is sticking out a bit, that sort of thing, will upload a few pics when I get them.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
03-09-2013 04:05pm
PhilSkill

Free advertising for them anyway! It's the colour coding especially the roof and the white arches that don't look right to me

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 09:40pm by PhilSkill.)
03-09-2013 09:28pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

As usual for most of these "conversions" the beauty is in the eye of the owner............. I think like most Land Rover products Evoque is best left in its "as it left the factory" state

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-09-2013 09:57pm