Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are 'premium' leather seats?
m_101

RE: What are 'premium' leather seats?

Pretty sure the two tone wasn't a cost option but all the standard dynamic seats came with perforated leather, whereas the prestige had the "oxford" softer leather. The Plus pack recaro type seats that I have are the soft leather, no perforation, heated only, and very comfortable although I wouldn't have paid £3k extra for them myself.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
19-10-2015 09:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
redrovor

isnt it contrasting stitching as well
19-10-2015 11:55pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Two tone seat leather with perforations was standard right up to 2016 on Dynamics, Pure and Prestige had mono tone seats but I'm not sure if Prestige had any perforations. I also think that if you speccced the Plus Pack on a Dynamic you not only got better quality leather you also got a leather dash topper in stead of the faux leather fitted to the other models.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-10-2015 09:27am
Good shot

(20-10-2015 09:27am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Two tone seat leather with perforations was standard right up to 2016 on Dynamics, Pure and Prestige had mono tone seats but I'm not sure if Prestige had any perforations. I also think that if you speccced the Plus Pack on a Dynamic you not only got better quality leather you also got a leather dash topper in stead of the faux leather fitted to the other models.

My late 2013 Prestige doesn't have perforated leather, but does have a contrast stitching. Heated only. Very comfy. No faux leather either I don't think.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2015 05:39pm by Good shot.)
20-10-2015 05:37pm
wheels

(20-10-2015 05:37pm)Good shot Wrote:  My late 2013 Prestige doesn't have perforated leather, but does have a contrast stitching. Heated only. Very comfy. No faux leather either I don't think.

Have a smell or perhaps LR uses spray aswellLaughing
21-10-2015 06:38pm
rjsalpha

(18-10-2015 07:56am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Richard to get the Recaro style high backed seats you need to look for a Dynamic with "Plus Pack" - the pack was only available on Dynamics and cost £3000 extra and you couldn't have rear seat entertainment with those seats either. They were still heated though. Because of the price they were not a bit seller for LR. You can buy them aftermarket though from some of the suppliers who supply the factory and also from LR dealers as they can be fitted to Defender as an option and they are fitted to Jaguar F Types as ano option. Might be worth looking around some of the vehicle recycling yards for a set.

Thanks Tim
JLR have thus far been very good albeit rather slow in getting test drives in alternative models. Pleased to report it looks as though we will be offered a three day test drive in a Prestige this week. If the soft leather works for Julie we will trade our Dynamic in or sell privately then then go for a Prestige. I'll keep a look out for a Dynamic Plus Pack but as you say probably very rare.
Cheers again and I'll keep all updated as and when.

Richard
31-10-2015 11:22pm
rjsalpha

Starting to give up on jlr customer service! Could anyone please recommend some good quality car seat covers that also has some back support perhaps?
Thank you

R
14-11-2015 01:31pm
Deckard

(14-10-2015 05:03pm)Steve D Wrote:  Well, that's one I'll pass on. They weren't cooled seats and it was the 'old' model. Had 36k on the clock (which was over 1,000 miles more than in the advert) and was filthy dirty so I suspect they'd been using it to bring the McDonalds back at lunchtime! Has been a two-owner car - first Landrover, then the LR dealer so it's probably been a demo/loan car or something. Drivers seat looked well stretched on the base too. No spare wheel. They were asking just under £34k and it's the only car I've phoned up for that's still unsold so that set bells ringing before anything. My hunt continues!

Yeah we just got a 11k mile 2013 Firenze Coupe with the Dynamic Plus pack for 32k (the bright red solid colour seats), its absolutely pristine - Looked at a few before that which were 30k more miles and only about 5k cheaper Sad
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2016 02:59pm by Deckard.)
03-02-2016 02:58pm