Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Do I Need to........
THEMACS

What Do I Need to........

What info do I need to get build details from LR Customer services. I still haven't got any firm details from the dealer, but don't like mithering so thought I would go to LR themselves.

Thanks

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
17-01-2012 12:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dandavis1

RE: What Do I Need to........

I think you'll find.......
17-01-2012 12:37pm
THEMACS

(17-01-2012 12:37pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  I think you'll find.......

Wow, you are Hilarious, thanks for the info

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
17-01-2012 01:43pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I hope that they don't offer that sort of bulid info out blindly to somebody on the phone or by email I think they will not give it to you. The other thing is that VIN's etc are not issued until the car is in build IIRC

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-01-2012 02:54pm
alibeau

(17-01-2012 12:12pm)THEMACS Wrote:  What info do I need to get build details from LR Customer services. I still haven't got any firm details from the dealer, but don't like mithering so thought I would go to LR themselves.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about mithering your dealer or is it more a case that you are not happy with your dealer and would rather not contact them?

Before I took delivery of my Evoque, I would send an email to my salesman (about once a fortnight) just to check on dates and make sure everything was on track, he would either call me or email me back....

He assured me early on that he didn't mind me 'harassing' him, he said he had been married 28 years and was well used to it Laughing

Sorry I can't answer your original query Confused

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
17-01-2012 03:11pm
THEMACS

(17-01-2012 03:11pm)alibeau Wrote:  I wouldn't worry about mithering your dealer or is it more a case that you are not happy with your dealer and would rather not contact them?

Before I took delivery of my Evoque, I would send an email to my salesman (about once a fortnight) just to check on dates and make sure everything was on track, he would either call me or email me back....

He assured me early on that he didn't mind me 'harassing' him, he said he had been married 28 years and was well used to it Laughing

Sorry I can't answer your original query Confused

Ali.

Thanks for this Ali, at least someone has come back with some useful info!!

He said he will ring me each Friday, and to his credit he has so far!

He still says we are on for the 1 March delivery, but that in mind I would have thought they would have a firm build date by now, but he said he didn't. Order went to factory just before christmas, and I know others have been given dates form that batch, of which the majority seem to be March builds, therefore won't be ready for 1 MarchSad

Anyway, he has been great to date so will just accept what I am being toldVery Happy

(This post was last modified: 17-01-2012 04:40pm by THEMACS.)
17-01-2012 04:40pm
LDT

I don't want to get your hopes up, but my order went in just before Christmas and I have an early February build.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
17-01-2012 05:04pm
THEMACS

(17-01-2012 05:04pm)LDT Wrote:  I don't want to get your hopes up, but my order went in just before Christmas and I have an early February build.

Thanks LDT, this is what my dealer thinks ours will be, but you would have thought they should know by now, maybe he has learned not to say anything until it is definite, with all the delays etc! Lets hope so!!

17-01-2012 05:14pm
Billionaireboysclub

I was told by another salesman (as my salesman was not there), that my build date is 17th Feb, and that the car will be ready 10 days after.

I have since then today emailed my salesman to confirm via email the dates etc.....fingers crossed that it will still have the same if not better details.

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
17-01-2012 05:31pm
LDT

(17-01-2012 05:14pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Thanks LDT, this is what my dealer thinks ours will be, but you would have thought they should know by now, maybe he has learned not to say anything until it is definite, with all the delays etc! Lets hope so!!

Update - My build date has been confirmed, and has come forward to 27 January from around 4th Feb. The dealer said that it was unlikely that this date would move at this late stage, but who knows?! I hope more of us will get such good news.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
18-01-2012 07:20pm