Poll: Which Accessories are you planning to fit?
Mudflaps
Side Tubes
Seat Covers/Rubber Floor Mats
Loadspace Protection (Rigid/Flexible/Net)
Loadspace Treadplate
Cargo Barrier
Roof Rails for Show Only
Roof Rails + Cross Bars + other related accessories
Tow Bar - Fixed and Detachable
Social Seating, if it becomes available
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Accessories Are You Fitting?
mark_n

What Accessories Are You Fitting?

Buy the car and there's a wealth of opportunities to accessorise it. Which accessories are you planning to fit? You can make multiple selections in this poll...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
16-09-2011 06:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ant

RE: What Accessories Are You Fitting?

errrrr .... no poll ..... ok poll now.

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 16-09-2011 07:51pm by ant.)
16-09-2011 06:49pm
mark_n

Sorry, it's clear when you atart a poll, the post get started while your brain is still trying to figure out how to condense the various accessories into 10 options!

Mark

16-09-2011 07:01pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

after a few days of damp and wet roads i think the mud flaps are going to be compulsory.................... to reduce the spray kicked into the screens of the cars behind you. Evoque kicks up a huge amount of road spray although not much seems to stick onto the back you do need the rear wiper on in the wet, just as well it has variable and continuous wipe settings. How long before a manufacturer sticks a rain sensor onto a rear screen to run the wiper automatically?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-09-2011 07:20pm
ant

Are the Duckworth prices for mudguards for a pair? Anyone know?
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
16-09-2011 07:52pm
jitenc

Any idea of how much clearance will be reduced by when the side tubes come on? Are they detachable??? or does it have to be done professionally?

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
16-09-2011 08:34pm
Ezandania

How does the mudflaps look on an Evoque? I haven't seen any pics yet..have you? It should change the look somewhat, with the Dynamic it will prolly make it look much lower?

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
16-09-2011 09:29pm
mark_n

(16-09-2011 07:52pm)ant Wrote:  Are the Duckworth prices for mudguards for a pair? Anyone know?
ANT

Yes, the prices are for a left/right pair - and they are different front and back. Really quite expensive if you want the dealer to fit them, much better to take your time and do it yourself.

Some of the accessories simply clip in - like the loadspace traedplate and rigid loadspace protector, others require you to take a knife, drill or even saw to the exsiting plastic bodywork or trim. For example, one of the mudguards requires you to cut a rectangular hole to allow a speed nut to be slotted in. Your handiwork will be covered by the mudguard (unless you really screw up) but care will be called for.

The most involved appear to be the cargo barrier, tow bars and the side tubes.

Mark

17-09-2011 07:28am
Spiderman

(16-09-2011 09:29pm)Ezandania Wrote:  How does the mudflaps look on an Evoque? I haven't seen any pics yet..have you? It should change the look somewhat, with the Dynamic it will prolly make it look much lower?

I collected my new Dynamic Evoque yesterday from my Dealers, I had them fit mud flaps and they suit the car very well and finish off the wheel arch perfectly....they will also protect the bodywork sills from 'road rash' so IMHO they are a 'must have'.....

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 08:13am by Spiderman.)
17-09-2011 08:12am
Daigriff

I'm afraid I'm not a diy'er and actually cock up most things I do of a screwy, fixy nature.

My attitude is if I'm paying over 40k for something I might as well get the job done properly for the sake of a few quid more. I don't like paying over the odds but if you factor in time and effort for me it's a no brainer ill get the dealer to fit my bits and bobs...roof rails, tow bar, flaps etc...or am I stupid?

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
17-09-2011 09:11am