Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 3 Average
Welcome to babyRR.com!
Lilly

RE: Welcome to babyRR.com!

Thanks for the welcome, Pete!

I had to pinch myself when we got home - I honestly thought we were buying the BMW...but was so disappointed in the way the suspension felt, handling...going from a 5 series down to the 3 series sizing made me feel claustrophobic when isnide and I felt like I was driving a coffin as it had black/charcoal headlining too!

I'm no stranger to car forums - used to be an avid poster on forums for other marques! Great to find there is a healthy forum full of friendly people who can help (should we need it!).

Lilly
12-12-2013 12:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ziggy stardust

Hi everyone,

First post, I look forward to being part of the loop.

Bought a white RR Evoque Dynamic Coupe four weeks ago now from a prestige car sales dealer and I'm really pleased with my purchase.

I lurked about this site reading mostly the negative posts before deciding and have to admit I was almost put off by some of them, also a really shocking expierience by my local Land Rover dealer didn't help either after putting a deposit on one of their cars, I almost turned to BMW. I now have no confidence in my local dealer for servicing or any repairs which is a pity as it's only a few miles away.

The next nearest one is forty miles away, as they serviced the car last year I emailed them a question regarding the engine oil, NO REPLY!

Anyway no regrets with the purchase, looks fantastic sat on the drive and drives lovely.

Z
29-01-2014 03:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Ziggy welcome to the forum, if you need help like that then ask here, somebody will have an answer. If it is more technical then Pete in the post above yours is at Land Rover Customer Services in Warwick and is not just a mine of info, he has all the contacts too. You can contact him by PM (once you have 5 posts up PM's will be enabled) with your VIN and the details of the car and he will assist where he can. There are dealers out there who don't appear to have grasped the internet/ email/ 2014 way of communicating too well - so don't write them off quite yet, it's a common failing. Many have FB accounts but I suspect that is for show too, it looks like they are part of today's internet era!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-01-2014 04:04pm
ziggy stardust

Thanks XFFT, I've been reading as much as possible on here and think this is a great forum with the added bonus of Pete and other enthusiasts.
Pete did contact me regarding my post and is currently helping with my concerns.

Z

(30-01-2014 04:04pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Ziggy welcome to the forum, if you need help like that then ask here, somebody will have an answer. If it is more technical then Pete in the post above yours is at Land Rover Customer Services in Warwick and is not just a mine of info, he has all the contacts too. You can contact him by PM (once you have 5 posts up PM's will be enabled) with your VIN and the details of the car and he will assist where he can. There are dealers out there who don't appear to have grasped the internet/ email/ 2014 way of communicating too well - so don't write them off quite yet, it's a common failing. Many have FB accounts but I suspect that is for show too, it looks like they are part of today's internet era!
30-01-2014 04:22pm
ziggy stardust

Having owned my Evoque for a few weeks now I was wondering about a 'whine' noise coming from the gearbox in first gear all the way to second then it disapears, is this common?

As a new owner expect more questions. Thanks.

Z
01-02-2014 01:55am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You don't say if it is an automatic or a manual gearbox car. There have been reports of noisy manual gearboxes and some that were difficult to get into gear or just plain notchy but most seem to be very happy with their manuals. Being old and a fuddyduddy I prefer my cars to have an autobox these days although I can stir 5 on the floor in my Defender if I want to work hard.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-02-2014 04:27pm
ziggy stardust

It's an SD4 auto, I'm the same being biased to autos. In defence I say if you were to design a car from scratch to modern standards you wouldn't have a gearbox where you pushed and pulled on a lever sticking out from the floor or dash while at the same time pushing a pedal to the floor to disengage drive.Laughing

(01-02-2014 04:27pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  You don't say if it is an automatic or a manual gearbox car. There have been reports of noisy manual gearboxes and some that were difficult to get into gear or just plain notchy but most seem to be very happy with their manuals. Being old and a fuddyduddy I prefer my cars to have an autobox these days although I can stir 5 on the floor in my Defender if I want to work hard.
01-02-2014 04:57pm
Stadt Panzer

Welcome to babyRR.com!

Never heard a whine noise coming from either the 6 speed or 9 speed box, maybe a trip to the dealer is on the books.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
01-02-2014 05:40pm
ziggy stardust

When I visit the local LR dealer I will mention it but I can just imagine their response, no I can't hear it. Is it broken? No, so what's the problem? Leave it with us for a few days.
Sounds negative I know but I've dealt with them already.

On the positive side, I love this car!Embarrassed

Z

(01-02-2014 05:40pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Never heard a whine noise coming from either the 6 speed or 9 speed box, maybe a trip to the dealer is on the books.
01-02-2014 06:54pm
tarbat

Just to introduce myself. My name is Chris, and I live in the far north of Scotland, in Easter Ross, about 40 miles north of Inverness. My user name (Tarbat) refers to the peninsula we live on, Tarbatness. In my late 50s, and have owned many different makes/models, including Subarus, Volvos, Hondas, Mercedes, Skoda, etc.

Last week we finally ordered an Evoque Pure Tech SD4 Automatic Coupe in Zanzibar with Almond/Espresso interior, with delivery due in April. Spec'd a few extras - Pure Style pack, power boot, panoramic glass roof, mats, mudflaps, and the 5 year service plan.

We had an excellent, long test drive in the 5-door SD4 9-speed auto in Dynamic trim, and very impressed. Dealer was very helpful. Gearbox is very impressive, matching the speed and smoothness of our current car's DSG gearbox. We're replacing our 4-year old Skoda Yeti, and originally looked at replacing it with a new Yeti. But once we spec'ed the Yeti to the same level as the Evoque Pure Tech, it was only £5000 cheaper. And that only gave us 3 years servicing, whereas the Evoque's 5 year service plan, at £499, is cheaper than the Skoda 3 year plan.

Anyway, looking forward to delivery of my BabyRR when no doubt I'll have more to ask/contribute.

MY14 SD4 Pure Tech Auto/Coupe/Zanzibar/Pure Style Pack/Panoramic Roof/Power Tailgate
03-02-2014 03:33pm