Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weird Noise
musher

Weird Noise

I'm getting what only can be described as an annoying vibration type noise coming from somewhere over in the front passenger area. It sounds like something is rubbing together with another part and do you think I can find out where it's coming from or what it is Noooooooooooooo!!!!!! Censored

Anyone suffering anything like this or had anything sounding like thisQuestionQuestionQuestion

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
11-08-2013 07:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ziyao

RE: Weird Noise

Has a little vibration noise from my passenger too, but after I clip the passenger seatbelt in, even when no one is sitting on it, it's gone.

I assume for me, it's the seatbelt clip knocking somewhere.

Give it a try and see how it goes.

Also please let us know if you found out other than seatbelt reasons.

Website link in signature deleted by moderator
MY13 Fuji Pure TD4 Auto, Tech pack, Xenon, Folding mirror, Panaromic roof, Camera, front/reverse sensor
12-08-2013 04:39am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

Try playing around with the glove box lid. Could there be something in your glove box that is rattling ? There was in mine Embarrassed

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
12-08-2013 08:12am
Rein

(11-08-2013 07:27pm)musher Wrote:  I'm getting what only can be described as an annoying vibration type noise coming from somewhere over in the front passenger area. It sounds like something is rubbing together with another part and do you think I can find out where it's coming from or what it is Noooooooooooooo!!!!!! Censored

Anyone suffering anything like this or had anything sounding like thisQuestionQuestionQuestion

Yes, me too, the sound seems to originate from passenger area near the windscreen, it is best described as a combination of the sound of: a computer harddrive doing a lot of read/write instructions, styrofoam rubbed together and some static coming from a speaker (which is not the case). It seems to get worse when outside temperatures are higher. Last time the dealer couldn't reproduce it, but now it's getting worse.
I'll be booking mine in soon because it's driving me nuts and it spoils the driving experience

When was your car built? Mine october 2011

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 08:50am by Rein.)
12-08-2013 08:48am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
musher

That's a very good description and sounds very similar to the noise I'm experiencing. I would be very interested in hearing if you get a result from your dealer?

Mine was built in Jan 12 by the way!!

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
12-08-2013 05:55pm
wilsonmg

Weird Noise

I'm getting the same noise and it does look to be worse when the temperature is higher outside.. It sounds like electrical interference so will be asking the dealer to check the speaker and amp connections as it could be dodgy earth ?..

My car is a late jan 12 build
12-08-2013 06:15pm
musher

That's what I thought until I turned the radio off and it was still there.

Another noise it reminds me off is like having a leaf stuck somewhere in the vents!!!!

12-08-2013 07:08pm
Ranger4

It's probably some clips that have broken behind the facia of the A-pillars, I would ask your dealer to check.....

I had mine replaced a few months ago, and it solved the problem.

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
12-08-2013 11:55pm
gibbyd

Weird Noise

Had this problem and it turned out to be the A pillar windscreen cappings moving against the windscreen when moving.
Give them a wiggle and see if you get the same sound.
13-08-2013 07:14am
Crustydaemon

I have experienced the same thing, a weird noise coming from the passenger area(quite annoying while driving and makes you feel your are driving a cheap car). The dealer said its from the door and said they have fixed it. But just after a day or two I can hear the exact same noise. So is it near the A-pillar??, next time I go to the dealer, I shall let them know, because they seem clueless from where the noise is coming from.

cheers
13-08-2013 03:49pm