Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weighed Evoque Pure
Tom C

Weighed Evoque Pure

I took some old exhaust systems to the scrap metal yard to get them out of my garage. They weigh the vehicles before and after discarding the metal. Backing out my weight, the Evoque weighed 3,880lbs with Premium options, 19" wheels and a little more than 1/4 tank of gas. I know the Evoque isn't a huge vehicle, but I was kind of surprised that it weighed under 3,900lbs... a very good use of aluminum and composite materials!

Tom

'12 RR Evoque: Fuji White, Espresso and Almond
'09 Nissan GT-R
10-03-2012 05:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dave_T

RE: Weighed Evoque Pure

So about 100kg less than the original Discovery. That's a giant leap forward then Smile
11-03-2012 10:30pm
Wired

I am asuming you were sitting in the vehicle to, so you will need to tell us your weight now Embarrassed

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
12-03-2012 12:31am
mark_n

No, he's already subtracted out his weight to spare his blushes! Still quite a corpulent 1763 kg which is more than I thought. Nearly half a tonne more than the Subaru it has replaced as my daily driver.

This will of course be a petrol/gas engined car, the diesels are something like 50kg more, it has the pano roof which is said to weigh 63kg.

Qiestion to Tom, is this a 3 or 5 door?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 08:51am by mark_n.)
12-03-2012 08:47am
Tom C

I have the 5 door...petrol...with pano roof and Sat radio. And since some people are interested, the Evoque weighed 4,120lbs with me in it. So I was fully clothed (it makes things easier that way rather than causing a scene), with boots, with belt, with cell phone, I would say that my total weight (with accessories) was 235lbs. I do bench press around 400lbs (182kgs) so it is mostly (admittedly not all) muscle....

Tom

'12 RR Evoque: Fuji White, Espresso and Almond
'09 Nissan GT-R
12-03-2012 02:42pm