babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Weighed Evoque Pure - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Weighed Evoque Pure (/Thread-Weighed-Evoque-Pure)

Weighed Evoque Pure - Tom C - 10-03-2012 05:33pm

I took some old exhaust systems to the scrap metal yard to get them out of my garage. They weigh the vehicles before and after discarding the metal. Backing out my weight, the Evoque weighed 3,880lbs with Premium options, 19" wheels and a little more than 1/4 tank of gas. I know the Evoque isn't a huge vehicle, but I was kind of surprised that it weighed under 3,900lbs... a very good use of aluminum and composite materials!

Tom

RE: Weighed Evoque Pure - Dave_T - 11-03-2012 10:30pm

So about 100kg less than the original Discovery. That's a giant leap forward then Smile

RE: Weighed Evoque Pure - Wired - 12-03-2012 12:31am

I am asuming you were sitting in the vehicle to, so you will need to tell us your weight now Embarrassed

RE: Weighed Evoque Pure - mark_n - 12-03-2012 08:47am

No, he's already subtracted out his weight to spare his blushes! Still quite a corpulent 1763 kg which is more than I thought. Nearly half a tonne more than the Subaru it has replaced as my daily driver.

This will of course be a petrol/gas engined car, the diesels are something like 50kg more, it has the pano roof which is said to weigh 63kg.

Qiestion to Tom, is this a 3 or 5 door?

RE: Weighed Evoque Pure - Tom C - 12-03-2012 02:42pm

I have the 5 door...petrol...with pano roof and Sat radio. And since some people are interested, the Evoque weighed 4,120lbs with me in it. So I was fully clothed (it makes things easier that way rather than causing a scene), with boots, with belt, with cell phone, I would say that my total weight (with accessories) was 235lbs. I do bench press around 400lbs (182kgs) so it is mostly (admittedly not all) muscle....

Tom