Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
WHEN IS AN ORDER NOT AN ORDER
WorldTraveler

RE: WHEN IS AN ORDER NOT AN ORDER

(25-10-2011 09:30pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Berlin.

You make total sense in your post, but the trouble with many car purchases is that the heart rules the head and often style wins out over substance.

I personally will be holding out for xenons.

Me Too !!! Besides, once you have driven a car with Xenon's going back(wards) to Halogen is very diappointing, Iv done it and the night time driving experiece is NOT the same !

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
25-10-2011 09:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(25-10-2011 09:34pm)WorldTraveler Wrote:  Me Too !!! Besides, once you have driven a car with Xenon's going back(wards) to Halogen is very diappointing, Iv done it and the night time driving experiece is NOT the same !

I've just driven a Volvo C30 with "Extra bright" Halogens fitted and night vision isn't a patch on my aging Mazda with Xenon's! Would not be without them... sorry to add to your dilemma!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-10-2011 09:40pm
Evoqess

Relatively pro halogen here. Certainly don't believe the xenon yes/no issue would have me looking at another vehicle. There is nothing out there like the Evoque - the car awards and accolades are beginning to roll in. The novelty of the bling LEDs will fade don't you think? I also remember someone saying they had to add fogs to a previous vehicle with xenons to match the light output of high output halogens. We are talking about lighting the road aren't we - or just cosmetics Wink

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
26-10-2011 01:48am
garryforrestuk

The main reason for me is the Signature running lights, When the order with my dealer was placed you where able to request these as an option on the configurator.

DYNAMIC SD4 AUTO 5 DOOR WITH COUPE BONNET VENTS, FRONT GRILL BADGE, CHROME LETTERING, SILVER ROOF RAILS.
26-10-2011 02:02am
garryforrestuk

Pete bell-auto-services
Can you help with the retro fit of the Xenon headlights if i go down that road.
Will they fit and work as Xenon's.
Can I enable the DRLs and change the bulb to halogen.
And can you still order them on your system and what price are they. Any help please. Garry

DYNAMIC SD4 AUTO 5 DOOR WITH COUPE BONNET VENTS, FRONT GRILL BADGE, CHROME LETTERING, SILVER ROOF RAILS.
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2011 11:24am by garryforrestuk.)
26-10-2011 11:22am
pureevoque

Garry, I'm of totally the same opinion, I'm really not bothered about the Xenon part, I've had them (on a Mazda 6 sport same as Phillskill) and went back to a car without them and the amount of night time driving I do, I'm really not bothered.
But to loose the signature lighting Mad
in theory DRL's shouldn't need enabling on a retrofit as the halogen units have a DRL too

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
26-10-2011 12:30pm
Acwats

I've added a picture to help the conversation.

The Halogeon DRL is LED.
It projects down into the reflector and creates a single bright light.
I haven't got the car until 16:00 today, but if you want some more photos let me know.
From more than 20m I don't think you can see the difference between this and the Sig (Yes I'd prefer the sigs, they are better, but at £710 or to even cancel a car seems a bit excessive to me)
[Image: drl.jpg]

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2011 12:51pm by Acwats.)
26-10-2011 12:50pm
berlin2011

(26-10-2011 12:50pm)Acwats Wrote:  (Yes I'd prefer the sigs, they are better, but at £710 or to even cancel a car seems a bit excessive to me)

+1 - it's a headlamp, it makes light. Move on.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
26-10-2011 02:08pm
Acwats

Hope some potential buyers or reluctant receipients find this useful. (BTW it dims just like the Sig lights (and Audis) when indicating)

Picture looking up into the DRL lens.
[Image: LED.jpg]

Lights on
[Image: DRLon.jpg]

Lights off
[Image: DRLoff.jpg]

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2011 03:15pm by Acwats.)
26-10-2011 03:09pm
mk82

thanks Thumbs Up

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2011 03:13pm by mk82.)
26-10-2011 03:12pm