Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Volume control on steering wheel is hormonal
ADZ

Rolling Eyes
I don't know - I really don't think I'm doing anything wrong this time but...
Sometimes the volume control just stops working then I have to twiddle the knobs like nobody's business. I then need to reboot i.e. stop and start the engine before the steering controls work again. Any ideas?
Thanks forum clever people. Very Happy

Fuji White Dynamic with contrast roof in black. SD4 5 door with lots of lovely stuff!
Ordered Feb 2012 Arrived: 26 July 2012 Loving it Smile
12-08-2012 07:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

RE: Volume control on steering wheel is hormonal

Mine isn't the volume control. It's changing the station sometimes I when I press it, it skips 2 stations instead of 1. When I turn the car off it will be fine. I can't seem to find a way to reboot the system while it's on. There's got to be a away

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
12-08-2012 08:33pm
Barneyridge

(12-08-2012 08:33pm)slee18 Wrote:  Mine isn't the volume control. It's changing the station sometimes I when I press it, it skips 2 stations instead of 1. When I turn the car off it will be fine. I can't seem to find a way to reboot the system while it's on. There's got to be a away

+1 mine does that skipping station thing too occasionally.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
13-08-2012 07:08am
speary

(12-08-2012 07:54pm)ADZ Wrote:  Rolling Eyes
I don't know - I really don't think I'm doing anything wrong this time but...
Sometimes the volume control just stops working then I have to twiddle the knobs like nobody's business. I then need to reboot i.e. stop and start the engine before the steering controls work again. Any ideas?
Thanks forum clever people. Very Happy

Mine is the same, also sometimes it wont switch modes either. I am not that impressed with this as my previous Audis never had such issues

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
13-08-2012 08:53am
Kentboy

I have had the volume come up exceptionally loud and the only thing you can do is to turn the audio off with the main knob. I wondered what the hell was going on!

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
13-08-2012 09:03am
ADZ

I will have to ask around at the dealer - hopefully they have an idea. I'll post whatever response I get here. Have a great evening all!

Fuji White Dynamic with contrast roof in black. SD4 5 door with lots of lovely stuff!
13-08-2012 06:46pm
ADZ

Hi all.
The dealer has advised that he encountered similar problems on the first demo he had. He reckons it could probably be an issue with the software (good safe answer and to be expected) and has requested that I bring my honey over for a squizz. I'll do that in the next few days and report back.
Have a great day!

15-08-2012 06:35am
Neo

Aw, I don't have that prob yet and hope it stays that way, hehe

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
15-08-2012 08:40am
ADZ

Hey hey Neo. Surprised you could tear yourself away from your honey to post Rolling with Laughter
Truth be told it's not the most awful problem to have but once you've become accustomed to steering controls, it does become a pain when it doesn't work. Enjoy that just-purchased smell Smile Oh and post pics.

15-08-2012 04:45pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

ADZ if you want to keep that new car smell then you can buy airfresheners in the UK from these guys that are scented to smell of new leather......... http://www.liquidleather.com/car-shop.html scroll down to the third from last product. They are excellent and I have been using them in my cars for a few years now just to make it continue to have that nice new leather smell.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-08-2012 11:33pm