Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Vista - Status Hierarchy
Token

RE: Vista - Status Hierarchy

(19-10-2011 11:43am)vision*R Wrote:  really glad for you JiiPee, but this shows the LR statement (in the Evoque Delivery Delays document) that all vehicles are being built in line with date of order, is plain bullocks. Why are some cars being pulled forward even if they contain the trouble items while others are being put backward? I'm afraid other things are happening on top of the part shortage.

Not sure it's quite that straight forward...my understanding (which may be wrong of course) is that each dealer is allocated a set number of cars with each delivery slot...so if Dealer A has 30 cars for December and has sold them all already, if you place an order today then you will automatically have to wait beyond December, whereas if Dealer B has 60 cars for December but has only sold 59...you can go in next week and order one and get delivery in December.

From reading between the lines on various posts on this forum, it seems that when you place an order with a dealer, you get put into a pool and the dealer has to wait until they get an allocation of order slots before they can actually place your order. I think this is what happened to me...I placed my order in April but the order wasn't placed by the dealer until June.

So when Land Rover say that they are building cars in the order that they are ordered...they must mean that they are doing it in the order that they are placed by the Dealer (which makes sense). So customer A can order their car with their dealer a month after customer B orders theirs with their dealer, and customer A can still legitimately get their car first.

Hope all this makes sense...I'm sure there are people on here that can confirm what I've said or put me back in my box if I'm now talking bullocks!.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
23-10-2011 08:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JiiPee

Token,

Your theory makes sense to me. I have placed my order in March and the order was finally fed into the LR system in the beginning of June.

At that time there were only handful of orders from my dealership in Finland, mine could well have been one of the first ones. So, although I have lot of so called problem specs in my car, the small allocation of slots to Finland could have worked in my favour. There's only one dealership chain for JLR in Finland and it's the importer of all JLR as well.

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
23-10-2011 02:24pm
vision*R

Yes Token but JiPee's car was delivered a few weeks before the announced delivery date, with Xenons and pano roof, right?
And other cars, announced aroound this time as well, are being put back for weeks with the excuse of the Xenons and/or pano roof.

I can understand the logic of separate dealership queues, but once an order has its build date, this should not be put back / forward unless other orders share the same situation.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 24-10-2011 08:26am by vision*R.)
23-10-2011 08:32pm