Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Vista - Status Hierarchy
caroline11000

RE: Vista - Status Hierarchy

Ask for a copy JiiPee. My dealer scanned and e-mailed mine to me.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
18-10-2011 09:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JiiPee

(18-10-2011 09:07am)caroline11000 Wrote:  Ask for a copy JiiPee. My dealer scanned and e-mailed mine to me.

Thanks Caroline, I will. It would be so much more reassuring to have the details on paper!

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
18-10-2011 10:48am
Blackseries

(17-10-2011 01:15pm)JiiPee Wrote:  My dealer has also been very secretive about the information that Vista has. I have never seen it on screen or even a printout. Only vague comments that "it is on time". What details should I AT LEAST get?

Ditto my dealer.....

They have never logged on to a computer whilst I was there. I find it utterly amazing in 2011 that my salesman can't just log on to a screen and say "here is your order and your estimated delivery date is XX". It makes me wonder if the order system shows how much profit is being made on each car ..... that's the only reason I can think of for keeping this screen information so secret.

Sometimes I feel like I'm an arms dealer .. ....the level of secrecy and intrigue around my order.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
19-10-2011 10:58am
EVO PUNDITT

As mentioned on xenon issue, when I went to the dealers my salesman showed me a print out which had a list of cars that was on order with L/R from them and some had finished beside them and he showed me my one had my name beside it with the build date. He did not hide that from me, just showed it to me. But you do need to contact them cause they will never contact you.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
19-10-2011 11:07am
JiiPee

Very Happy. I made an e-mail request to my dealer yesterday for Vista information. I tried to be very specific and asked for VIN number, poduction dates, etc.

...and this morning I got it all!! The most amazing thing was that my car has already been built Very Happy. Last week, Oct 11th. And it has been despatched already and is on her way to Finland! Vista shows the original factory built date as Oct 21st but for some reason it was pulled forward. And if you look at my spec below, I have all the trouble items (4 door, xenons, pan roof, ...)?

Well, as can be expected I am exited as hell and now I will have to arrange my trip to Finland to pick it up sooner that planned (living in France now).

Vista info is so usefull for a customer that it should be standard to all who have based their orders. There's nothing sensitive there. Sure, it is a "living document" and subject to changes but keeping this in mind very handy indeed!
(19-10-2011 11:07am)EVO PUNDITT Wrote:  As mentioned on xenon issue, when I went to the dealers my salesman showed me a print out which had a list of cars that was on order with L/R from them and some had finished beside them and he showed me my one had my name beside it with the build date. He did not hide that from me, just showed it to me. But you do need to contact them cause they will never contact you.

True, I would never have got info if I hadn't asked for it! My car would have just showed up to yhe dealer one and a half months earlier than planned. I never got even a hint of this! It's obviously very good news to me - not complaing about that at all. But customer servicevice... dunno

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2011 11:20am by JiiPee.)
19-10-2011 11:14am
vision*R

really glad for you JiiPee, but this shows the LR statement (in the Evoque Delivery Delays document) that all vehicles are being built in line with date of order, is plain bullocks. Why are some cars being pulled forward even if they contain the trouble items while others are being put backward? I'm afraid other things are happening on top of the part shortage.

Out of curiosity, when did you place your deposit or order?

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
19-10-2011 11:43am
JiiPee

(19-10-2011 11:43am)vision*R Wrote:  really glad for you JiiPee, but this shows the LR statement (in the Evoque Delivery Delays document) that all vehicles are being built in line with date of order, is plain bullocks. Why are some cars being pulled forward even if they contain the trouble items while others are being put backward? I'm afraid other things are happening on top of the part shortage.

Out of curiosity, when did you place your deposit or order?

Deposit in March with all the specs and according to vista order was fed into the LR system in early June.

So, in that sense I don't feel too guilty for jumping the line, but I know there are some who have deposited much earlier and are still waiting.

(This post was last modified: 19-10-2011 09:10pm by JiiPee.)
19-10-2011 11:55am
JiiPee

Still trying to figure out all the info in the Vista. There's one line that says:
Brand Status Points: despatched (GATEDES)

Anyone know what that is?

(This post was last modified: 23-10-2011 07:35am by JiiPee.)
19-10-2011 03:10pm
The Valeter

What is Vista?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
19-10-2011 09:25pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JiiPee

Vista is LR online system where dealers can check the progress of your vehicle from placing the order to delivery. I suppose there's much more to it but that's my five cents worth.

19-10-2011 09:29pm