Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Visibility
Gorjan

Visibility

Hi All,

For the folks that have the Evoque for sone time, do you have issues with rear visibility as well as large mirrors obstructing the view? Did you get used to it?

My wife test drove the Evoque and complained about these visibility issues...

Thanks!

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
10-03-2012 09:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Visibility

No, no issues with the rear visibility, you get used to it and it isn't as bad as the motoring magazines make out. I came from bigger Range Rovers so was used to driving a greenhouse with small window pillars and small blindspots , it hasn't been the problem I imagined it was going to be. The large mirrors are really good and the reversing cam is a big assistance. Yes the large mirrors can cause a blind spot looking forward, but they aren't an issue that spoils enjoyment of the car and I would sooner have big mirrors than the silly knife blade things that LRX was shown with, at least you can use big mirrors. The biggest problem with the huge wing mirrors is the wind noise they create, my last FFRR had special acoustic side glass that nullified that wind noise, a little surprised LR hasn't offered it on the Evoque yet.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 10:16am by XFullFatTim.)
10-03-2012 10:15am
Token

No issues with visibility at all...the rear camera is a 'must have' if you want to be sure you are not running over a dog or a cat...but that applies to 90% of the cars I've owned.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
10-03-2012 11:16am
Michelle

see thread 07.03

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
10-03-2012 12:19pm
mickydd

No issues with visibility to the rear, you soon get used to it and the reverse camera is brilliant, if a little slow to kick in. The door mirrors are BIG, but they give an excellent view.
You would soon get used to it.

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
10-03-2012 06:03pm
j7david

The door mirrors don't bother me at all. I"m 5'11". If you're about 5', I can imagine they could impede your view moderately, if you can't raise the seat enough.

Rear visibility seems fine to me in the 5 door model (with camera, though I don't look at it much). I have come from an Audi A3 Cabriolet though..
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 12:16pm by j7david.)
12-03-2012 12:16pm
WB
WB

(10-03-2012 06:03pm)mickydd Wrote:  No issues with visibility to the rear, you soon get used to it and the reverse camera is brilliant, if a little slow to kick in. The door mirrors are BIG, but they give an excellent view.

+1
12-03-2012 12:20pm
EVO PUNDITT

(10-03-2012 06:03pm)mickydd Wrote:  No issues with visibility to the rear, you soon get used to it and the reverse camera is brilliant, if a little slow to kick in. The door mirrors are BIG, but they give an excellent view.
+ 2 agree totally, living in London never had any problems parking or reversing.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 12:28pm by EVO PUNDITT.)
12-03-2012 12:28pm
Gorjan

Thank You all.
My wife will try the Evoque once more (now around town) and I think finally we are going to join the Evoque club Smile

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
12-03-2012 05:11pm